Heart Disease Community
lad stent

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

lad stent

i had a stent placed in the lad back in aug 2008 because of 99% blockage. i am 56 not over weight and never smoked. i am still having pains but my dr made suggestions it may be in my head. i am not one to go to the dr much so i am looking to see if anyone else has had pain after a stent or is it in my head.    
I know many people who have stents and none of them have had any pain after stents to date.  When arteries spasm they can cause chest pain and actually the back can tremor.  I suspect that your artery for some reason could be spasming.  This should be checked out.  Sometimes they need to place two stents side by side.    
My boyfriend had the same problem after his first stent in October of 2008. He was back in the hospital again for the same thing and they found that another artery was blocked so they had to put a second stent in. I would make sure that your doctor has not missed something.
You're not alone. I had a stent in the LAD in Jan of last year at the age of 45. Same here, no drinking, smoking and fit - even a vegetarian.

I too have had pains in the chest ( plz see my other post few mins ago) and they have suggested much the same - it's either in my head or it's chest muscle or nerve pain, but not the heart.

they did do a second angiogram in mid Nov and I came out clear - well, I have 2 other blockages at 30% in LCA and RCA, but they're not worried about them.

I had a heart attack in Sept 2008 and two stents in my RCA, placed head to head.  I have had "pinches" ever since I had the heart attack.  At cardiac rehab, they noticed that some days I was having difficulty on the bike and/or treadmill and other days, I was able to do both with little or no difficulty.  They recommended further testing to the internist who was treating me.   The internist told me that she thought I was having panic attacks but because I had had a heart attack, she ordered a nuclear stress test.  I went for a nuclear stress test two weeks ago and they discovered a blockage in the same area as where the two stents were placed.    I knew it was not in my head.  When she received the results, she immediatley put me on light activity and told me to be very careful until this was fixed. Tommorow, I am going for another angiogram to determine what needs to be done.  So, if you think there is something wrong, don't give up - keep pushing for further testing or get a second opinion!
After having 5 stents put into my Lad in Sept this year, I felt a horrible pinching down the left side but the hospital said this was normal. It lasted about 3-4 weeks and then vanished. I have no idea what caused the sensation and they couldn't explain it other than it was very common. The only thing they stated in addition was I must drink lots of water until the pains were gone. For three weeks I was like a water balloon on legs.
No it's not in your head, if so it's in mine as well..

I had 4 stents placed in January '09 after MI, 2 on the right side (100% blockage and 80%), next day they did 2 on the left (80% and 60%).

I am still on Isosorb Nitrates for angina (down to 15mg), each time I try and wean myself off the pain is unbearable.

I now have pain on the right side of my chest during moderate exercise, through the jaw and up to my right ear (caroted) during exercise (around the 120bpm heart rate).

Dr says I shouldn't have any pain and is scheduling a treadmill stress test 'soon'.

Has anyone else had the same effect when trying to get off of nitrates?

Thank you and peace to you all..