Heart Disease Community
leaky ASD patch (postop 18 yrs)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

leaky ASD patch (postop 18 yrs)

At 23 I had ASD repair for a large hole, years later I was told about another hole a VSD. I was told not to worry about this hole it was small and not a problem. After I had a TEE my DR was concerned because it seems that the patch on my ASD is leaking. His words were a significant shunt and  he seems rather bothered about the VSD having a right to left shunt. I was refered to another Dr who said that I was fine and was asking questions that he could not answer. I was very upset about this. My questions are has anyone else had a problem with their patch leaking? Could the fact that 3 of my 4 valves reguritate/insufcient have anything to do with the patch leaking. I have ST and T wave problems an unusual P axis wave at times. I had a holter test and it said that 17% I have bradycardia and 7% I have tachycardia. Most of this makes no sense to me however, I am concerned that thepatch is leaking and I am wondering why?
I think we must have posted at the same time...  I am so sorry I don't have any answers, I have just discovered that I have and ASD.  I'm guessing you know much more about it, having been through so much allready.  I just wanted to wish you the best.  I never even thought of patches leaking after a repair.  I am currently just terrified of having mine repaired at all!

Take care and all the best

M.