leaky ASD patch (postop 18 yrs)
At 23 I had ASD repair for a large hole, years later I was told about another hole a VSD. I was told not to worry about this hole it was small and not a problem. After I had a TEE my DR was concerned because it seems that the patch on my ASD is leaking. His words were a significant shunt and  he seems rather bothered about the VSD having a right to left shunt. I was refered to another Dr who said that I was fine and was asking questions that he could not answer. I was very upset about this. My questions are has anyone else had a problem with their patch leaking? Could the fact that 3 of my 4 valves reguritate/insufcient have anything to do with the patch leaking. I have ST and T wave problems an unusual P axis wave at times. I had a holter test and it said that 17% I have bradycardia and 7% I have tachycardia. Most of this makes no sense to me however, I am concerned that thepatch is leaking and I am wondering why?
I think we must have posted at the same time...  I am so sorry I don't have any answers, I have just discovered that I have and ASD.  I'm guessing you know much more about it, having been through so much allready.  I just wanted to wish you the best.  I never even thought of patches leaking after a repair.  I am currently just terrified of having mine repaired at all!

Take care and all the best

M.