leaky heart valve causing palps?
I posted this on the heart rhythm forum also because I wasn't sure which one.........
I just came from what I thought was my last cardio visit.  The doctor told me everything looked good, didn't need medication, my heart sounded good, but then she tells me to come back next fall to have another echo because my last one (which was last year I think) showed a mild leaky heart valve!!!!  I was like "what, how come nobody mentioned that to me!!"  She told me the reason why was because it was so mild they probably felt like there wasn't a need to mention it.  They just want to make sure it hasn't gotten worse over this year.  I asked her if this had anything to do with my heart palpitations and she told me no.  But I googled it and it says that heart palps is a symptom.  I am so confused.  She assured me that my leakage was so mild and common for people my age.  I am 39-HELLO!  
So now my anxiety is kicking in full gear.  Just when I thought I was gaining control she throws me this curve ball.

Does anyone have a leaky heart valve?  If so, how do you handle it?  Do you take meds?  How old were you when you were diagnosed?