Heart Disease Expert Forum
left ventricle dilated-lv dys function

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

left ventricle dilated-lv dys function

My father is aged 69 years. About 12 years back he underwent for by-pass. Now 4 days back after 2d acho doctor say that he is having heart enlargement and advised to take complete rest. In the 2d acho report it is shown that left ventricle-dilated. LV DYS FUNCTION. What is my father's position and what are the risks factors. Please reply me immediately. I am very much scared. What is treatment for cure.
Based on the result of the echocardiogram you listed above your father's heart appears enlarged and the function is impaired.  Without having access to the images myself I cannot comment on exactly what the diagnosis is or why this is occurring.  There are particular medications that are helpful when patients have left ventricular dysfunction.  Step 1 would be to discuss with your father's cardiologist WHY the heart is enlarged and not functioning correctly.  Step 2 would be to ensure he is on the right medications for the condition.