Heart Disease Community
leg swelling after a heart cath & stint
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

leg swelling after a heart cath & stint

I had a heart cath and stint and an Angio-Seal closure 13 days ago.  Today my entire leg is swollen.  The groin area where the AngioSeal there is about 1' long knot that has not gone away.  The groin area always feel tight especially after sitting for awhile and the getting up.  Is this a problem?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
63984_tn?1385441539
I'm not a health professional so take what I say with a grain of salt.  I've had quite a few caths, and never did I have the swelling you referred to.  One time I did have a considerable 'leak' that gave me a multi-colored leg from the groin to the knee but it wasn't swelled up, and the doc gave it considerable attention.  The swelling would worry me.  I'd sure give the doctor a call at once.  

Blank
I have to agree with Flycaster305 ... I have had two and had a bad groin to knee bruise on the second one ...but no knot with leg swelling (just some swelling of the bruise).  Please call your doctor asap.
Blank
Agree three, it can be a fluid retention, which usually results in swelling (edema) in the feet and legs ...call your doctor or any doctor or nurce  available to talk to now in your aria ...also be sure dont eat any salty food ,and drink limited drink.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
fessie1080 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Dec 19
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
Study finds laundry detergent pods,...
Dec 19 by gymdandee
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
AMP-activated protein kinase possib...
Dec 19 by gymdandee
Heart Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949