life after a heart attack and stent
My husband had a massive heart attack and had a stent put in this past January. He is doing very well and attending rehab.The love of his life is sailboat racing...will he ever be able to sail again and hoist a sail or pull on the rigging? Right now the doctor will only allow him to lift 20 pounds. Does this ever change?
Because of the stent, it is not good to over-use the arms.  Everyone that I know that has a stent or more than one stent, doctor adviced them not to use their arms in excess.  Vacuuming, shoveling, mowing, washing kitchen floor, etc. should be limited.  Once a person has a massive heart attack, their life is changed.  Make sure that he takes his medication as the doctor prescribes and eats healthy (fresh vegetables).  My mom had a 5 pound limit on her lifting. She had CHF and only had a few small heart attacks, but had blockage, valve problems, and cardiomyopathy.      
I had a large heart attack in Dec 2005 and had a stent put in. For 4 months after it, I was only allow to lift 10 lbs, and then it was raise to 35 lbs. My Dr kept at the 35 lb limit for about a year and then there were no restrictions.

It seem to me that the weight restrictions were negotiable to a certain extent.

The main thing is that he will get better. It will take time but he should get better.