Heart Disease Community
life span after 2 heart attacks with stent placement at 30yrs.

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Hello my name is Christina I am 32 yrs. old . at age 30 i was diagnoised with CAD, onset of CHF and vasal spasms on April 18th 2005. On this day i had a very small heart attack caused by high B/P and a %50 blockage in the left anterior decending artery at the bottom of my heart, then August  16th also 2005 i had a 2nd heart attack only this one was BIG !! the blockage moved up the artery and flipped causing a %100 blockage in the same artery. a stent was placed just below the aorta. then on August 6th this year a suffered a mild stroke, I read somewhere that due to my age and inherited heart disease that after stent placement and stroke and magnitude of heart problems that i only have a 3yr. prognosis which is not confirmed by a doctor. I eat well and do not drink or use street drugs of any kind and never have, I do smoke cigerettes and am under a great deal of stress, my question is as best as you can guess without evalueating me in person how worried should i be of dying anytime soon ? I mean am i in real danger ? I have 3 children to plan for. should i be living everyday as though it may be my last ? I have a great deal of depression over this so i need to know to I can except my fate.  Thank you kindly
Don't go by what you read somewhere, most of it is outdated as treating heart conditions has come a long way. Even what a doctor would tell you is only a guess. 8 years ago I was diagnosed with end stage heart failure with an ejection fraction of 4% and was told that I would die without a heart transplant. I never got the transplant and my ejection fraction has improved to 30% since then with meds alone. It's now 8 years later and I'm not dead and have no plans on doing so any time soon.
John , Thank you . You have made me feel a better. Guess i'm just scared !!!  
You are dealing with some very scary stuff, and depression is certainly a common problem of those who have had heart attacks, strokes, or other major illnesses.  I suggest reading "The South Beach Heart Program," by Arthur Agatston.  He will advise in the book that you may be able to avoid future problems by following his advice.  That means taking charge of your health--diet, exercise, appropriate medication for cholesterol and blood pressure.  I am sure you know all there is to know about smoking and its consequenses, so no use giving you a lecture.  Overcoming a nicotine addiction is extremely difficult, but it can be done.  My sister was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and was told she would need a transplant to survive--but they would not transplant her if she was a smoker.  Fortunately she did quit smoking, and her condition reversed to the point she does not need a transplant.  
I wish you well.  It will be a tough go for a while, but if you take charge of your health and are aggressive about doing the right things, life will be not only longer but better for you.
I have CHF and a low EF and a pacemaker/defib.  How did you get your EF to rise?  Which meds have worked to increase it.  I was told mine would not increase and yours has done wonders.

Best,
WOP