Heart Disease Expert Forum
lisinopril

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

lisinopril

Doctor recently took me off 25mg of atenenol, and immediatly placed me on 20mg of lisinopril.
for one week I was dizzy, heart rate of 100 or more each morning, short of breath, very
weak, and blood pressure increased gradually each day. After several complaints, he then placed me on 10 mg, and 50 mg of atenenol, is there any other beta blocker to take place of atenenol, it causes my legs to cramp
and feet to swell.
Sorry to hear you're having some difficulty.  There are many beta blockers aside from atenolol you can try.  Please ask your physician about other options, and ask if you really need a beta blocker at all.

Best of luck.
I had bypass surgery on July 24th of this year, I have problems with my meds. also, when I got out of the or released,, I was put on 25mg of Metopolol, I could not take 25mg so went to 12.5 mg had problems with that also, the problems that I was having was my BP would go down to 95/55 and I would get so dizzy and lightheaded all day long and was unable to live a normal life, so was put on Carvedilol 3.125 mg, I am doing better with this except that I have asthma and people who have bronchial disease shouldn't take Carvedilol it has a tendency to weaken the lungs, I have been having a terrible time with my asthma as of late, it could be the meds. or could be the season,  these two drugs are suppose to be some of the better one's to take after bypass surgery for they not only help keep your BP down but they help to repair your heart, I hope if you do try these that you are helped my them, I am in the middle of changing Doctors to see if I can try some other meds.  Good Luck - Ken
A related discussion, Foot pain with metrolol xl was started.