low pulse rate
My  pulse rate  is fluctuating  between  48 and 62--What causes this and  can it lead to heart attack-I am on atenolol 25mg and  have  mitral valve  prolapse-- I am  a lady 69 yrs  old.  Is it safe to  just  put off an apt  with  Dr  until Friday--three days away because I can't get an appt until then. I am afraid to go to sleep with this low plse rate--How to raise  it back to a normal  rate?
Lodow/Al
My average is 46 beats per minute.  I have heart failure which is very treatable.  I know there are other causes of low pulse rate, however.  You will have to talk to your doctor about it.  I would keep my appointment if I were you.
Atenolol lowers blood presssure. the way it achieves this is by lowering the heart rate. although 60 to 100 is considered normal, your numberes may be acceptable as long as long as you're not experiencing any symptoms. how is your blood pressure? If it is okay and you have no syptoms do not worry about numbers.