Heart Disease Expert Forum
making love with pvcs

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

making love with pvcs

sorry to ask this but having only just started suffering from bad pvcs and pacs i was wondering is it ok to make love whilst experiencing them.  i have not let my husband near me since they started 5 weeks ago, and i am currently 26 weeks pregnant.  and also why did mine disappear for 12 days then only to return and be really bad, so far i have had them for 24 hours and they are not letting up and i can think of no reason why.  Stress was causing them bad 5 weeks ago but that has all gone now.  i cannot sleep very well with them, have you any sugestions as to how you get to sleep and stay asleep whilst experiencing them, and also my heart rate seems to continuosly change when i am lying down and sleeping, sometimes it seems to beat normally whilst experiencing them and then other times it will seem to beat very quickly whilst i am resting.  why is this ?  thx
Dear Sherrie,

In view of your pregnancy and the new development of symptoms, i would recommend mentioning this to your obstetrician.  Preganancy can put more stress on the heart than normal and you should make sure that you have not developed any significant cardiac problems durring your pregnancy.  Your thyroid may be acting up as one simple cause for an increase in irregular heart beats.  If all checks out well, try  not to worry and be reassured that these are just a few extra beats that will cause no harm