Heart Disease Expert Forum
medication and weight loss
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

medication and weight loss

Recently I have been light headed upon standing or even after I have been doing a physical activity and then stopping and standing still for a minute.  I have been taking 400 mg of sectral for almost a year to control svt.  Except for a brief episode of afib last spring I haven't had any problems until now.  I have lost about 35 pounds since January.(on a diet)  Would weight have anything to do with the amount of medicine I need to control the svt?  I was wondering if maybe I don't need as much sectral since I weigh less and the sectral is making my blood pressure drop too fast when I stand.  I was overweight before and needed to lose those pounds, and have not noticed a problem with the heart rate at these times, just light headed enough to sometimes have to sit down for a minute.  Do you think I need a medicine adjustment or is this something else?
Thank you for your response!
Cheryl