migraine/throbbing in ears
All my life I've had headaches come and go. About a year ago, I started hearing a constant throbbing in my ears that was in perfect tune with my hearbeat; this throbbing always got worse with the headaches. My fiancee could put his ear to mine and hear it as well.  I went to the doctor for the problem and was referred to an ENT. The ENT couldn't find anything, but said that I did have low frequency hearing loss in my right ear (i guess that was his explanation of the problem). He then scheduled a CT scan for me which came back normal. So he diagnosed me with Tinnitus and said it would go away on its own and that lots of people experience this problem and is only temporary. The problem has yet to get better and the headaches are getting worse. The throbbing in my ears is now getting so loud that my fiancee doesn't even have to be right next to me to hear it. I've read other posts from people experiencing the same thing but nobody has really had an answer. My blood pressure is 124/76. As far as I'm concerned thats very normal for a 21 yr old female. Anyone have any idea what's going on??
Hi, I am a 41 yr old female and have exactly the same as you describe.
My heart beat in my left ear feels very loud. I have had a lot of headaches since I was a child and only realised 5 or 6 years ago that I have migraines. I take Zomig for the migraines which is wonderful but every time I get any type of headache I get this throbbing in my ear and sometimes it still continues when the headache has passed.
It's driving me crazy. It seems so loud that I wonder if anyone else can hear it.
I haven't had me blood pressure checked for a couple of years or so but the last reading was 120 over 70 which is very normal.
If you find out what it is please let me know.