Heart Disease Community
mild TR

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

mild TR

Report;
Prolapse of the mitral anterior leaflet giving rise to at least moderate posterior jet of MR tracking the LA free wall
Other valves appear thinand mobile
Mild/ moderate jet of AR
Mild TR
LV cavity upper range for normal with good overall function. Good RV function
Please could you tell me how to put this into layman terms for holiday insurance. When I say I have a Leaky heart valve, I can only find one insurer that will cover me.  
Heart valves are one-way pass for blood to pass out of chamber into another lower chamber and then a valve opening for blood to go  into circulation.  When the valve is not compliant it usually due to leaflest that tightly cover the opening and blood flows back into a chamber and the backflow is referred to as regurgitation.  MR refers to the mitral valve and one of the leaflets does not close off the back flow.  The degree of backflow and location is correlated to the height and direction of the jet stream.

Mild, trivial, trace of regurgitation is not considered medically significant and almost always does not progress or cause any symptoms.  Mild to moderate may require watching but should not cause any symptoms.  Left ventricle (LV) pumping capacity is good and contractility is sufficient to provide adequate blood flow to the body.  Right ventricle pumps blood to the lungs to be oxygenated and that is good as well.

AR is aorta valve regrugitation.
TR is the right side valve
MR is mitral valve regurgitation.

Hope this helps put the issues into a perspective for you.  Thanks for your questions and if you have any further questions or comments you are welcome to respond.  Take care.

Ken