mitral regurgitaion
I am 37 years old and a former athlete and recently had an echo that showed mitral regurgitation, tricuspid regurgitation and pulmonic insufficiency.  I also am brady in the mid 40s.  I am scheduled to see a cardiologist to determine the severity but I have read on the net that these problems can progress to CHF.  I am asymptomatic and only got checked out because a physical for work showed marked brady.  To the best of my knowledge I have had bradycardia most of my life and everyone chalked it up to athletics but I have not stayed in shape and continue to experience brady.
I want to start exercising again but have read that this could accelerate the progression of CHF.  Basically do these problems progress and will exercise  make it worse
thank you for your time.
It would really have been great if you had the actual data sheet that comes with each echocardiogram. You have to ask or sometimes demand to get a copy of them.

You say that you have mitral and tricuspid regurgitation but do not say how bad it is or give regurge values. You also do not mention the reason for the leakage i.e. MV prolapse or stenosis.

The main thing now is to find an excellent cardiologist, maybe one than specializes in valve repair or replacement. If your MV is leaking badly enough, it could cause your pulmonic insufficiency, but you would also have to have pulmonary hypertension in this case. Anyway if you have your bad valves replaced, you will greatly reduce your chance for developing CHF.

Most people of your age have trace amounts of mitral and tricuspid valve leakage, I have read. The term for this leakage is regurgitation, like MVR.

Welcome to the board. I am really sorry to hear about this.

Jack
I'M CONFUSE WITH WHAT AGE WOULD YOU HAVE SOME LEAKAGE. I READ THAT PEOPLE IN THEIR 50 HAVE LEAKAGE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE. I KNOW TWO YEAR AGE WHEN I HAD A ECHOCARDIOGRAM I DIDNT HAVE LEAKAGE AND NOW I HAD A ECHO THIS YEAR AND THEY FOUND LEAKAGE WITH A ENLARGE ATRUIM ON MY LEFT SIDE OF THE HEART
hi, I read the echo prelim report and it said I had mild mr and a trace of tr and also an enlarged right ventricle, the prelim report said the left vent and all othe strucures were normal, however it did not specify how large the right vent is, I am going to meet with my family md (he ordered the echo) this week to go over the report.   The report was read by a cardiologist and the impressions said everything was normal except an enlarged right vent, any information that you have on this finding would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the response
Forgot to mention the myejection fraction was 64%