Around June i slept in my basment which is unfished and seems to have mold, i have stayed down there a lot living in this house since it has couches, a tv, computer and everything else. I guess during all these years i was exposed to mold. ! night i decided to sleep down there. I ended up waking several hours later with trouble breathing and chest pains. I never had this problem before and went to the ER, they told me it was nothing.
As the weeks went on i couldnt sleep. I couldnt even breathe at all. Chest pain was bad and i was having pain and numbness in my left arm all the time. I was very weak and couldnt do anything, i thought i was gonna die. After months of going to the doctor they told me there was nothing wrong and i had GERD. I told them about the mold but they said thats not causing this. After the medicine didnt change anything i demanded them to check for mold.
They did a blood test for mold and it came back i was right about the mold, they said i was allergic to mold and dust. They gave me medacine for the breathing, symbicort and some depression pills. The breathing has got a little better but not 100% but the chest pains are still there. The pain is mostly in the middle of my chest. I just want to know if this is normal with an allergic reaction/exposure to mold?
I have done a EKG done 50 times and all came back normal, i did a stress test and came back with a little depression and elevation or something with the left ventrical, he was a little concerned so he sent me to get a echo cardiogram. Came back normal. I still had chest pain so he send me to a very good hospital and do a stress echo cardio gram which came out perfect. Doctor also said i had a heart murmur but then two other doctors said i didnt.
Im just wondering with all these these tests and months gone by, what is wrong with me? i still get tingling/pain/numbess in my left arm. And still get a lot of chest pain and even played some basketball today and ts been hurting ever since. Could it be from the mold allergy? could it be my heart? im very worried and concered and i dont know what to do.
im 19 and have never had a medical problem up until a few months ago with this breathing chest pain problem. I used t play basketball everyday all day up until i got sick.
I am much older than you but it may be we are fighting the same problem. I got very sick from mold spores in April 2009. It is now July and I have been having chest pains along with nausea since April. All heart tests come back normal. Doc put me on Isosorbide which does help but as soon as it starts to wear off the pains and nausea come right back.
I'd file a state report against the docs, especially since they have tested now and KNOW you have mold toxicity not regular depression. They basically denied treatment or at least neglected to treat you appropriately. Meeting 2 of your needs, barely, is not a full treatment plan when they should be doing half a dozen things. They should have told you to have the mold fixed and stay away from that area and also provided treatment for detoxing the mold from your body. I suggest you find a specialist that treats molds, yeast, fungus, metals, and many conditions caused by these toxins. Mold can mimic AND produce asthma, heart problems, cancer, inflammation, memory loss, trouble concentrating, seizures-convulsive and absent, anxiety, a wide array of immune diseases, numbness, tingling, candida of all types like thrush, ibs, arthritis, fibromyalgia, mental illnesses, lupus, ms, and tons of other conditions. Viruses and bacteria attack the body easier when mold is involved, so you may get many infections. Antibiotics will also worsen your immune system so it just get worse and worse in a cycle. To get healthy you need to stay away from the mold and have a professional company remove it from your home NOW!!!!!! I realize this answer is years late and I hope your health is corrected now, but if the problem has not resolved. Ignoring mold could lead to cancer, blindness, worsened breathing disorders and death. There are specialists who do consultations by phone and in person and even hospitals that do this in different areas of the country, but as you know a primary doc can do the test AND consult with specialists to provide you with a treatment plan. Make sure they listen to you, CARE, and truly work on your case while providing treatment that is fixing your body. You always have to right to a second opinion, other docs in your network or by cash pay, to request they consult with a mold illness specialist, to ask for test results and what tests have been and still could be done. If you don't trust a docs knowledge or lack of, concern, ethics or effort find a new doc that is helping you in every way possible. They should be checking in at appointments with detailed questions and notes and listening to your questions each time, treatment adjustments as needed, new information from their consult with the specialist, test results that they explain well, concern for your wellbeing, help to push you in making the right decisions for your help and giving a reasonable time frame for new appointments. They should also be checking your vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, amino acids and more to help support you body in recovery.
We are going through the same thing with our 24 year young daughter. She had all the classic symptoms of a heart attack. She was driving and had to call 911 and be taken to the ER. Her tests were perfect and the doctors were baffled. Come to find out there is a mold problem at her place of work (which she's been working at for only 2 months now). We're scheduled for an echo cardiogram tomorrow and will see what might be going on. Mold can cause severe heart problems, etc. Just happy we (think we) caught it soon enough. Prayers for all of you others who are suffering. Do your due diligence and check out the National Mold Resource Center for possible help.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.