Heart Disease Community
mold allergy or heart problem?

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

mold allergy or heart problem?

Around June i slept in my basment which is unfished and seems to have mold, i have stayed down there a lot living in this house since it has couches, a tv, computer and everything else. I guess during all these years i was exposed to mold. ! night i decided to sleep down there. I ended up waking several hours later with trouble breathing and chest pains. I never had this problem before and went to the ER, they told me it was nothing.

As the weeks went on i couldnt sleep. I couldnt even breathe at all. Chest pain was bad and i was having pain and numbness in my left arm all the time. I was very weak and couldnt do anything, i thought i was gonna die. After months of going to the doctor they told me there was nothing wrong and i had GERD. I told them about the mold but they said thats not causing this. After the medicine didnt change anything i demanded them to check for mold.

They did a blood test for mold and it came back i was right about the mold, they said i was allergic to mold and dust. They gave me medacine for the breathing, symbicort and some depression pills. The breathing has got a little better but not 100% but the chest pains are still there. The pain is mostly in the middle of my chest. I just want to know if this is normal with an allergic reaction/exposure to mold?

I have done a EKG done 50 times and all came back normal, i did a stress test and came back with a little depression and elevation or something with the left ventrical, he was a little concerned so he sent me to get a echo cardiogram. Came back normal. I still had chest pain so he send me to a very good hospital and do a stress echo cardio gram which came out perfect. Doctor also said i had a heart murmur but then two other doctors said i didnt.

Im just wondering with all these these tests and months gone by, what is wrong with me? i still get tingling/pain/numbess in my left arm. And still get a lot of chest pain and even played some basketball today and ts been hurting ever since. Could it be from the mold allergy? could it be my heart? im very worried and concered and i dont know what to do.

im 19 and have never had a medical problem up until a few months ago with this breathing chest pain problem. I used t play basketball everyday all day up until i got sick.
anyone?
I am much older than you but it may be we are fighting the same problem.  I got very sick from mold spores in April 2009.  It is now July and I have been having chest pains along with nausea since April.  All heart tests come back normal.  Doc put me on Isosorbide which does help but as soon as it starts to wear off the pains and nausea come right back.

Good luck
I'd file a state report against the docs, especially since they have tested now and KNOW you have mold toxicity not regular depression. They basically denied treatment or at least neglected to treat you appropriately. Meeting 2 of your needs, barely, is not a full treatment plan when they should be doing half a dozen things. They should have told you to have the mold fixed and stay away from that area and also provided treatment for detoxing the mold from your body. I suggest you find a specialist that treats molds, yeast, fungus, metals, and many conditions caused by these toxins. Mold can mimic AND produce asthma, heart problems, cancer, inflammation, memory loss, trouble concentrating, seizures-convulsive and absent, anxiety, a wide array of immune diseases, numbness, tingling, candida of all types like thrush, ibs, arthritis, fibromyalgia, mental illnesses, lupus, ms, and tons of other conditions. Viruses and bacteria attack the body easier when mold is involved, so you may get many infections. Antibiotics will also worsen your immune system so it just get worse and worse in a cycle. To get healthy you need to stay away from the mold and have a professional company remove it from your home NOW!!!!!! I realize this answer is years late and I hope your health is corrected now, but if the problem has not resolved. Ignoring mold could lead to cancer, blindness, worsened breathing disorders and death. There are specialists who do consultations by phone and in person and even hospitals that do this in different areas of the country, but as you know a primary doc can do the test AND consult with specialists to provide you with a treatment plan. Make sure they listen to you, CARE, and truly work on your case while providing treatment that is fixing your body. You always have to right to a second opinion, other docs in your network or by cash pay, to request they consult with a mold illness specialist, to ask for test results and what tests have been and still could be done. If you don't trust a docs knowledge or lack of, concern, ethics or effort find a new doc that is helping you in every way possible. They should be checking in at appointments with detailed questions and notes and listening to your questions each time, treatment adjustments as needed, new information from their consult with the specialist, test results that they explain well, concern for your wellbeing, help to push you in making the right decisions for your help and giving a reasonable time frame for new appointments. They should also be checking your vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, amino acids and more to help support you body in recovery.