Heart Disease Community
more bigeminy pvc's

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

more bigeminy pvc's

Hello, the last post that I can find is from 2004...all good stuff but are there more recent posts?

My bigeminy/PVC came after 'overheating' in 100 degree weather.  Age 45, male, could be in better shape but stress tests, thallium scan, echo, Holter, all reveal healthy heart...although I was never "in" Bigeminy during any of these tests.  I DID see it for myself when the EMTs came to the house and in the ER. Three, one-minute episodes the next day, PVC-free for a week, then 7 hours today! Just 'converted' to normal sinus and although exhausted, I have hope again. Currently on 400 mg Magnesium.  No other meds.  Thanks for all of the posts.  Going to get back into swimming, attempt the yoga.

This discussion is related to Bigeminy PVCS ?.
Hi, I experience this too, and all the cardio keeps saying is it's benign. My last visit, he said I have a short pr(normal varient) and a small delta wave. After an Ep study, it was considered not harmfull. I mustsay when I'm experiencing them for hours...I'm scared to death. One thing I'm trying to tell myself, is, most people don't have the diagnostic tests untill there over 50...I mean all the major heart stuff us pvcers go through. I guess what I'm saying, and this is like practice what you preech....we somewhere along the line need to believe we are ok, and that is a condition that we need to learn to live with. Now, with saying that, am I there yet..no. I'm trying to though. I have not yet found a cardio that is compassionate...and believe me, thats what I need. So I may still keep looking. I do take meds...I take a beta, and calcium channel blocker...yes they have side effects, but you need to try if they r driving you crazy. They say when we reach 20,000/24 hr, a cardiomyopothy is possible. Of coarse that flipped me out, It's a wonder I don't wear a moniter perminatly,lol! I hope this helps. There is nothing worse than feeling powerless over these things, know that your not alone...
you may find some more info in the heart rhythm community here...in a structurally normal heart arrhythmia's are said to be just a nuisance unless you have symptoms such as fainting, bp issues or structural heart problems...

I;ve had arrhythmia's and fainting since I was 9 but not dx until I was 42 with HOCM but an EKG back in 4/2007 showed I was in constant bigeminy which worsened until August 2009 and had an ablation.

My last cardiologist treated a woman with 80,000 pvc's daily only with beta blockers because she had no other problems and really no symptoms however I had roughly 50,000 for quite a while and didn't develop any problems until after I had an ablation but they think it's due to Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy.

issues such as what you said with dehydration can make pvc's worse; so make sure you talk to your doctor about keeping yourself hydrated and what's the right amount for you.  also, if they haven't some blood panels like electrolytes could be done to make sure everything's ok