Heart Disease Expert Forum
mvp and high altitude
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

mvp and high altitude

I have very mild mvp but it seems when I'm up in high altitude
i get lite headed and it seems harder to breath could it be related mvp

tahnks pete
Related Discussions
Dear Pete,

These are the symptoms that most people will experience at high altitudes due to the relative lack of oxygen at higher altitudes.  Assuming that your MVP is mild as you state and has not impaired your heart function, this is unlikely to be related.

4 Comments
Blank
I have MVP and it causes trigeminy and short runs of V tach.  After five years on a beta blocker I am developing symptoms of early CHF and I am in my early 40's. What causes the abnormal rhythms and am I too young for CHF?
Blank
As a flight attendant with mvp, I find that I have also noticed some of these symptoms.  I find that I feel it more so if I have been flying very long trans atlantics flights,  with little rest and poor diet.  I also notice that I sleep alot longer than other F.A's often 20+ hrs after a long flight where I have missed a nights sleep. If I don't or can't sleep that long for some reason it seems to take forever to recover.
Blank
I have mvp two of my sisters do to, I also have low heart rate,I need to know if i can go on a patch to stop smoking without a bad reaction please help......maureen....up in smoke
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank