Heart Disease Community
my blood pressure is 90/60

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

my blood pressure is 90/60

hello...im rochelle, 25 years of age diagnose 3 months ago of mitral valve prolapse and being on medication of beta blocker.Last 2 months im ok with my medicine but im just curious this past weeks i have light headed and when i stand i feel like im riding in the boat. I try to check my blood pressure and it always 90/60 sometimes 100/70..Im taking beta blocker bisoprolol conceore 2.5, is this means that i should stop to take beta blocker?or i will just half it and take the half?my doc. is not here he is out of town....plsss help...
I was lightheaded all day yesterday and my blood pressure was about in your blood pressure range.  My blood pressure today is 98/66 and I am not lightheaded.  It most likely is due to your low blood pressure, however, with your mitral valve prolapse your doctor may want your blood pressure that low.  Talk to your doctor before adjusting your medication.  
I have been that low at times and have not felt dizzy, for me, this is normal, more or less.

Before you adjust your meds, however, I would discuss it with your doctor, always better to be safe than sorry, and this way, he/she will know what is going on, especially with your MVP.
thanks for the advice, i will visit tomorrow because i am fainting now because of this low blood pressure, is this part of the mvp that you will faint?i just diagnose about 3 months ago..Someone advice me to drink lots of water and gatorade....and this help me somehow but still fainting....