Heart Disease Expert Forum
neck twitching chest pain tingly hands and tense muscles

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Hi, I am a 24 year old male about 4 years ago i started getting twitches in my chest. my family doctor sent me for a echo ecg stress test holtor monitor event monitor blood test lyme disease test and a barium swallow cat scan  and they were unable to find anything wrong. The symptoms kinda went away, but they have started again this spring with some slightly differnent symptoms, i now will get a weird pop feeling in my chest and then my hands go tingly and muscles start to tense up, i also get stabbing pain in the left pec area at random,  i went for another holtor monitor blood test(waiting for results) and a mri  of my neck they found that i had bulging disk that is pushing on my spinal cord at c6 and c7 and that my c2 and c3 are fused together from birth. My doctor says this would not affect the heart. i found at my last episode that i had i could lift up my left arm and my left chest muscle would go tingly as soon as i put it down it would go away. i have also found that in the last month that i get cold really easy every time i get home from work i have to have a hot shower to warm up. Any ideas of what to look at next wold be greatly  appreciated the issues are starting to cause me to be supper  anxious all the time thanks for any input. I also have sleep apnia (apnea) and i sleep with a cpap wich i have slept with for a year and a half i have also removed gluten from my diet and lactose and i dont smoke or drink and i dont eat or drink anything with caffeine.
I am sorry that you have had to go through all of this at a young age. As you know, it is difficult to answer clinical questions without knowing all of the details. That said, in general, the symptoms that you describe would be very atypical for a cardiac cause. Chest pain from blockages in the arteries generally cause chest tightness or pain that can be brought on by exertion and improved with rest, which does not seem consistent with your symptoms. People often feel palpitations, or feeling of the heart fluttering, from arrhythmias or premature atrial or ventricular beats which is why the holter monitor was ordered, though it seems somewhat unlikely that this would be the cause of your symptoms judging by your write-up above. It sounds as though your symptoms may be related to muscles/nerves, especially if the stress test and holter were negative, which, it sounds like, is currently being investigated by your current physician. I hope this helps to alleviate some of your anxiety about these symptoms relating to your heart.