[no subject]
Hello All,

I had a valve job on january 12, 2007. I was fortunate as I had a repair and did not need a prosthetic device. It seems I had atypical pneumonia on Decd 14th when I went fora 20 mile lunch ride, About 14 miles i n I could not seem to catch my breath. I had MVP for years...tho not severe. It seems my bike trip ruptured the cordare tendenae and I wound up with severe MVP...so in I went for the rapair.Oh yes...I am 64 and I have put on a little weight as my exercise program was stilted a bit by the surgery.

Prior to the surgery my pulse rate was 50 to 60 at rest and BP was normally low.

I am now back on my bike and am comfortable doing 20 to 30 miles but my pulse rate is higher than it used to be...will this come down? I peak at around 160 and average around 145 to 150...is this too high.

I dont like my cardiologist but my primary care physician has convinced me to stick for the time being. I had an echocardiogram a few months ago and have had no f-u report from the doctor..I am in the dark a bit and looking for some opinions from those who have preceeded me in this. Nice to be alive!!