not so much a ?, hopefully helpful info
I am a 30 yr. old female & i have had chest pains since my teen years.The pain is sharp, on my left side, right near my heart. Sometimes it feels like it's right trough my heart. The pain gets worse the deeper i breath. I thought for the longest time that there had to be somethimg wrong with my heart. Then one day when it got worse than it had ever been before, i got on the computer for what seemed like the millionth time & looked for some info. on my symptoms. I came across the answer i had been searching the better half of my life for.
  Precordial Catch Syndrome! It was just what i had been looking for. Also it is totally BENIGN. If whats going on with me sounds like whats going on with you, look up PCS. I hope it helps. This bothered me for so many years, it made me happy to be able to share this info. with people who sounded just as frustrated as i was.        

This discussion is related to Chest pain (left side).