nuclear stress test questions
my TID ratio was 0.95 now it is 0.74 what does that mean/  Also said midly decreased perfusion of anterior wall which got almost completely normal with minimal residual defect during stress rpone images suggestive of breats attenuation.
Ttransient ischemic dilatation (TID) of the left ventricle and occurs when there is severe 3 vessel CAD or its equivalent. It seems the utility is based on identifying high risk individuals for a cardiac event, and the enlargement of the left ventricle is the calculation for determining the risk...it takes a large amount of ischemic (lack of adequate blood flow)  myocardium (heart muscle) to affect wall motion enough to the extent that the left
ventricle enlarges.  Upper limits for normal ranges from 1.12 to 1.36....your numbers do not indicate a postive outcome.

However, the test results show decreased perfusion (usually blood flow blockage), but the results are questionable due breast attenuation and it usually indicates a false positive.

For some insight, attenuation is an artefact that decreases the intensity of the test signal and it varies through tissues of varying densities of breast tissue (breast attenuation).  So attenuation artifact leads to a loss of diagnostic accuracy as artifacts may be confused with true perfusion abnormalities, resulting in an increase in false positives.

Your doctor may consider the test inconclusive...or at least a portion of the test?!

Hope this helps and if you have any further questions or comments you are welcome to respond.  Thanks for sharing, take care,

Ken
Thanks for the comment, my dr just said that it was fine, but my concern was that the first test said 0.95 and now it says 0.74 so to me that meant there was a change but he says no, and said the breast aguention was the reason. Thanks for helping me understand this, i am seeing a cardiologist for a second opionon just to make sure.
You are welcome.  And it would be interesting to hear the results of the second opinion.  Thanks for your response.
wow almost a year later and the second opioin the cardiologist said I was fine, but here it is a year later nad I am having more upper chest burning and pain in my left shoulder. My cholestrol has been high for about 3 years nad the stattin drugs I can not tolerate so who knows. I am having an echo becasue he thinks I might have fluid around the heart from some viral infeciton. I think it is something else. When i exercise I get the burping and buring bad, but tehn that goes with GERD which I have so who knows. Myabve I will ahve another stress test. My last ekg he said was abnormal cause it should low voltage but I read that can be from large breast and thyroid issues, which he just took me off my thryoid that I was on for over two years cause it was raising my blood presssure, who knows. I am confused for sure!