numbness in hands
i have been going through my menopause for quite some time. i had a hysterectomy at 31 and not i am 45. i am on patches...but i get this awful numbness in the hands in the mornings..i didnt know weather it was something to do with the change.

This discussion is related to Numbness in hands during sleep.
I think numbness in your hands warrants a call to your family doctor.  I've not heard where that is a symptom of menopause.
I took Prempro for six years and around the time of that hormone scare a few years back I decided to try to go off of it.  I stuck it out for two years and struggled with a hot flash every hour, terrible insomnia, and a new symptom - waking up with a numb hand (hands). Do you notice that the entire hand is numb except the baby finger?  The baby finger is fed by a different nerve.  I googled hand numbness/menopause when this first started and it does seem as though some women are affected by this.  My doctor thinks there is some swelling or fluid that builds up during the night causing pressure.   Do you also notice that the sensation returns shortly after you start moving your hand/wrist?  If so, it is likely nerve related and I don't think you should worry about it being your heart but you should probably mention it to your doctor.  FYI - I did go back on the estrogen but a lower dose, 4.5 mg I think, and it does help.  I sleep much better and most of the hot flashes are eliminated, I do however still have some night sweats and occasionally the numb hand.  I want to try to step down one more level but I don't know if I will ever get off completely.  I started menopause very suddenly at 42 and I am now 57.  It has been a struggle for me.

PS:  I tried wearing a wrist support at night for a while and it seemed to help some.  You might want to try that.  I hope this helps.  
thankyou very much for your response that has been helpful knowing that someone else does get the numbness in the hand.. i have never noticed that the liitle finger is ok ..i will see next time ,,,, thankyou very much