numbness of both hands and arms
what is the matter with my arms and hands why are they numb for the past two  weeks
is it something I should worry about? I feel pain in them also?

This discussion is related to Numbness in hand and arm.
Have you been in an accident recently that may have damaged your neck? A pinched nerve can cause the tingling, pain and numbness you describe.
No, I have not been in a accident :[but  I have been working very hard in my back yard planting
and getting ready for the rain. The potted plants are quite big and hard to move but I
did also trans planting and making arrangements very time consuming. Do you think this could be the cause of it?
I can't honestly say but if it's a new activity for you, your back and neck may not be used to the strain. Perhaps some inflammation in the muscles putting pressure on the nerves.

Years ago I had to go to physical therapy for my left arm. It hurt so badly I had trouble sleeping and couldn't raise my arm but a few inches. The PT helped tremendously. The cause? My posture had gotten bad (stress, feeling overwhelmed and I was starting to walk with my head down and a bit slumped over).

I still have numbness in both arms and hands, but now my back went out when I was trying to pickup my tea from the refrigerator, also up and down the right side and over to the left feeling like bruising in the upper on both sides where my blades are on my back. I am feeling like I am a mess, It's hell getting old. I am 48 and feel like am 60 right now walking like a old old person. I was even thinking about a cane.I am trying to just water my plants and I get numb in arms and hands and my back goes out what is up with that? I hope you can help me now I am in tears it hurts real bad.
You should see a doctor. It's more than a temporary irritation of the muscles and nerves. I've had a few bad days here and there when I strained my back or neck but it cleared up. Without a thorough exam and possible an x-ray, there's no telling what's happened.

PS 48 isn't so bad. I'm pushing 56 and still kicking. Just chased a cormorant up and down the road on Sunday trying to catch it (it was tangled in fishing line). I won the race :-)
Thank you so much!
I think this web site is the hot spot and I hope everybody will try it.
       I am trying to soak my back and not work at all.
I am going crazy but I know if I do it will hurt again now I have pain in the upper blades and now and I can bare the pain so far.
       I think you are right :}  I pulled something in my back.I also still have the numbness in my hands but that is also getting better.I want to thank you for all your help. I am getting better everyday now.

I would of loved to see you catch it, your great :} Cynthia.
hi im neshima 33 yrs old,, i have numbness in my right hand and my arm, im so scared coz also every night i've felt ths,,im worried that i cant work properly on my job bcoz im only a maid for fast 6 yrs, what im going to do? my hands its hard to close when i woke up morning my joint is painful..pls help me what im going to do.