Heart Disease Expert Forum
oxygen problem

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

oxygen problem

I have copd and am on an oxygen concentrator which is continuious oxygen.  I was on 3 on concentrator at first and now i have slowly gone down to below 2.  2 is suppose to be normal but on 2 i feel shakey (shaky) like im going to explode in my lungs so i turned it down. Is it possible that 2 is too much oxygen for me and that is why i feel that way. When lower raddling feeling goes away and i can take a deep breath in easily, on 2 cannot take deep breath in easily but at times, walking around lower leaves me breathless, but not always.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
There is no "normal" when it comes to how much oxygen you need. The amount needed varies from person to person. You need enough supplemental oxygen to keep your saturations above 90%. If that's1 liter, then that's fine. Just check you saturations and make sure you're getting enough.