Heart Disease Expert Forum
pacemaker and hypotension

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

pacemaker and hypotension

I'm a 39 yr old female who recently had a pacemaker inplanted    because my rate was dropping down to the 20 to 30's at rest and ranging in 40 to 50 through the day, my b/p was dropping to 70'sand 80s over 30 to 50s. It's been 6 weeks since I got the pacemaker and my B/P is still 80s over 50 to 60's. My doctor said I have sick sinus syndrome, and Neurally Mediated Hypotension and CFS,He precribed me Effexor,Corgard and Proamatine 30mg daily and  recently put me on Florinef, I,m on a high Na
Dear Faye,

your question was truncated, can you please re post.  It sounds as thought you have a complex syndrome.  The pacemaker will only correct part of the problem.  that being Sick Sinus syndrome.  IT may not helopp with the blood pressure response assuming that that is neurally mediated.