Heart Disease Community
pacemaker wire not working properly

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

pacemaker wire not working properly

Hi, I had my first pacemaker when I was 19 due to being born with a congential heart block, so I was given dual wire pacemaker, everything seemed to be working well as far my cardiologist was concerned when they discovered that 1 of the wires was'nt working properly, although I was not having any side affects to this but because of the size of the pacemaker to which they inserted I did recieve quite a few episodes of chest pains.
When it came to having my second pacemaker inserted about 5yrs ago, they decided to put in a smaller pacemaker and replace the problem lead, after I recovered my chest felt better with the pacemaker not bulging out so much and everything was normal until yet again with the new lead that they had inserted was not working properly.
Although the specialist did exsplain that it was'nt really a worry issue and that they'd keep an close eye on it, so I was given 3 months appointments instead of 6 months, I would like hear from anyone that has had simular problems.
Also I've been in and out of hopsital the last couple of years with chest pains and they can never find anything coursing the problem but only to reasure me that the pacemaker is working fine, I feel sometimes that I'm waisting their time in telling them just to be told that everything is fine and working ok.
HI had my first pacemaker put in at he age of 19years too with congenital heart block. I have not had my wire leads changed. I am now 41 years old. I have recently had some chest pain. but not sure what is is from. I don't know what to do ? DO you think the heart block is related to chest pain?I don't want to get the leads taken out I think it is too risky.
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Infowars commented on The Turbinates: What ...
suzukijax added the Blood Pressure Tracker
Saul1935 is ...male,76,tempe,az memb... Comment
May 26