Heart Disease Community
pacemaker wire not working properly

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

pacemaker wire not working properly

Hi, I had my first pacemaker when I was 19 due to being born with a congential heart block, so I was given dual wire pacemaker, everything seemed to be working well as far my cardiologist was concerned when they discovered that 1 of the wires was'nt working properly, although I was not having any side affects to this but because of the size of the pacemaker to which they inserted I did recieve quite a few episodes of chest pains.
When it came to having my second pacemaker inserted about 5yrs ago, they decided to put in a smaller pacemaker and replace the problem lead, after I recovered my chest felt better with the pacemaker not bulging out so much and everything was normal until yet again with the new lead that they had inserted was not working properly.
Although the specialist did exsplain that it was'nt really a worry issue and that they'd keep an close eye on it, so I was given 3 months appointments instead of 6 months, I would like hear from anyone that has had simular problems.
Also I've been in and out of hopsital the last couple of years with chest pains and they can never find anything coursing the problem but only to reasure me that the pacemaker is working fine, I feel sometimes that I'm waisting their time in telling them just to be told that everything is fine and working ok.
HI had my first pacemaker put in at he age of 19years too with congenital heart block. I have not had my wire leads changed. I am now 41 years old. I have recently had some chest pain. but not sure what is is from. I don't know what to do ? DO you think the heart block is related to chest pain?I don't want to get the leads taken out I think it is too risky.
I also had av heartblock at the age of 22 my 1st pacemaker never gave me any problems when I had it replaced in July of 2009 with a Medtronic duel chamber pacemaker 6 months later I started to have chest pain and was going to the hospital a lot due to the feeling and being scared they told me nothing was wrong with me it took about a year before a nurse said that i was having panic attacks so they sent me to a psychiatrist they tried about 20 different medications before I felt calmer and a little better now I take lexapro and clonopin and now Valium I thought I was going crazy but last month the Medtronic technician said that my lead is not working properly why wouldn't they just replace it now i only have about a little over a year left before I get a new one also I need it replaced because I need to have a Mri due to severe pain in my left leg and the Medtronic technician said that I should have it due to my age 36 and that since I need a lead replaced that they can change everything to be mri compatible so in the mean time I stuck with this pain and the severe anxiety the anxiety has ruined my life it's finally getting under control and lots of very addictive medication and now I am having depression I have just been approved for disability it took 6 years to get a court date and win the case 2 months later without an attorney what should I do demand that I have a new one or wait it out in pain
My sister has a Boston Scientific pace maker about 5 years ago. 2015 she started having some fainting spells.  The Doctors told her due to the placement of the Pace maker, one of the wires was rubbing on her shoulder blade and they needed to move it. The Doctors told her the bottom lead wire was not working but they didn't want to move it because they might punture her lung. The other wires were working and they didn't think it necessary at this time.  It was a horrible ordeal for her. Took many weeks to recuperate.  Now 2016, she has had more fainting spells. Now they want to repair that lower lead wire that is not working.  We are so worried.  We are trying to get second opinion.  We have approximately 10 days before surgery.