Heart Disease Community
pain for heart pacer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

pain for heart pacer

I have AFib  and had to have a  two lead pacer put in last year 2011.  sometimes I can feel the pacer trying to pace my heart which is fine, but there are times when I feel the pacer slowing the heart rate I get this quick  strange pain in the middle of my chest.  It only last for 1-2 seconds, but it has re-occured  in the several weeks when the pacer cannot slow my heart rate.  is there anything I should be worried about or see my doctor to have the pacer checked out?
Do not worry. Worrying always gives more problems. I don’t have any sort of device, but reading, posting for years on a board similar then that (unfortunately they closed) I had witnessed the testaments and conversations from many people who had all sort of devices. I remember for lot of little ‘problems’ they were having, and over all the advice was always: tell the doctor about it. Maybe it is nothing what you are having, but better to get a peace of mind, by calling your doctor and telling him, he might want to see you, or if not ,than he has to have  a good explanation, and if he doesn’t want to see you and that short pain continues, do not forget always other doctors.
Let us know, this is how we all learn more.