Heart Disease Community
pain in the middle of chest

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

pain in the middle of chest

I am a 30 year old female.  A smoker.  5'4", about 165pds.

I started having a pain in the middle of my chest this morning when I woke up.  It's a pain I can't really describe.  It has come and gone all throughout the day and it doesn't matter if I'm sitting, resting, or working.  I'm feeling a little tired also.  I've also noticed that in the past month or so my arm gets a sore feeling. (left)  I assumed it was from my job as a janitor.  Also it happens if i'm inhaling or exhaling..it's not too picky!  My chest is not sore to the touch.

I've never had indegistion before, and it was happening before I ate anything today.  I seem to be able to function normally in all aspects.  But I've been told by a few doctors that I have a very high tolerance for pain.

I don't want to go to the emergency room and be told I have bad gas or something, but this is a new pain I have never felt before, so I don't know what to do.  What could it possiably be?
Hi, the pain you are describing sounds very much like mine. I have been to the hospital several times with the pain, have had ECG and chest X rays all ok. I am being treated for Gastric Reflux ( too much acid). The pain I get is in the middle of the chest, sometimes across the chest, sometimes in my back, sometimes down left arm too. I think it is alsways best to get it checked out though. Good luck, hope you feel better soon.
There are lots of red flags in your statement. First, you are a smoker, overweight (respectfully), arm pain, tired. Please go see your doctor. Especially in women when we have heart attacks its usually atypical. A stroke could be imminent, are you on birth control pills? I would demand an EKG and then a treadmill. If you came into our ER, we would do all that including blood work. It could be nothing at all, but you have alot of info that makes for red flags...
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
YohaniK1912 added the Heart Rhythm Tracker
1 min ago
tisasmith commented on Online Kamagra oral j...
1 hr ago
Soy products may decrease testoster...
8 hrs ago by gymdandee