Heart Disease Expert Forum
palpitation after gastric bypass
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

palpitation after gastric bypass

I had open RNY gastric bypass 4-24 (I currently weigh 250) and last week I started getting heart palpitations. I had blood work done and "The 15 second" EKG and was told the palps are not from the surgery. There were 2 areas checked, can't remember exactly, but it seems like Albumin was in one and electrolytes was in the other. I've had no caffeine, I think I eat enough, and I do not do any physical activity, yet. It seems like it's possible to not have to worry about palpitations, but it happens so much, several times an hour and sometimes they will happen right in a row. Because it happens so often can hormone related (I'm 46) palpitations be ruled out.