pericardioal effustion window procedure
I had a pericardioal window procedure done on Sep 27.  I am now SOB and had another echeo done yesterday and the effusion is back.  What is my next step?  The cardiologist is trying 40mg on Lasix and the surgeon says that Lasix is not the answer. My heart doctor started me on Indocin today hoping that this would help. Why won't the window release the fluid like I was told it would do?  I am losing all confidence in my doctors in Lima, OH and would value an opinion from a more advanced facility.  The surgeon took off 250 to 300CC's of fluid just 2 weeks ago and the echo says that the effusion is large again.

Please help me!!!!!
Please excuse spelling errors as I am not familiar with all the medical terms.
Dont get discouraged.  Do see another cardio doctor, preferably one that specializes in Echocardiogram.  I had the same done June 2005.  My problem started all of the sudden. I was given Indocin first. that did not work one week later I was in the emergency room because I passed out and the same day they did an emergency pericardial window and removed 450cc of fluid.  went home after five days in hospital,. but had to continue with Indocin.  At this point that was making sick.  So I dicided to see a second doctor. He took another Echo and showed me that everything was going ok and swictched my Meds. to Colchicine.  I was on that for 3 months.  I have been every since.  Just a little scare this summer but it was just a virus.  But my doctor put me back on colchicine for one month.  I am doing great now.  I go up and down many stairs during the day with no problem.  
wish you luck and hope you find the right doctor that will ease your mind.
I had this happen to me (paracardial effusion) after heart surgery.  It got really severe really quickly.  I went from feeling okay in the AM to being blue and unconcious in the PM about a week after my surgery when I was at home.  They went in with a needle in the ER to immediately remove the fluid and then scheduled me for a window the next day.  I sat in the hospital for a couple weeks, I believe, waiting for the fluid to drain from all of these tubes.  They had a couple tubes in my lungs draining fluid, and then a couple tubes going into my paracardium, I believe.  It took FOREVER.  I was eager to get out of there and kept on asking what was taking so long and my doctor got mad and said  I wasn't going anywhere until I wasn't producing any more fluids.  I remember they accidentally collapsed a lung during the window procedure, so that complicated matters too.
I think it can take some time for this to resolve in some people.  Are you far from Columbus?  I imagine that OSU has a good hospitl?   I would think they'd keep you inpatient and keep the tubes in until fluid has stopped producing, but I don't know...?