Heart Disease Community
physical symptoms of blocked or narrowing arteries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Is it possible to feel blood rushing through narrowed arteries...If I can feel buzzing or vibrating in the upper left area of my chest should I suspect narrowing arteries?  I'm 38 with a long family history of heart disease related to plaque build-up and narrowing or arterial walls...
I can't say whether your symtoms (symptoms) are related to blocked arteries, but since you have a family history, I'd certainly check with my doctor or cardiologist.  One or two visits to your doctor will help reassure you if things are okay, or minimize significant problems if they are not.
My physical symptoms of blocked or narrowing arteries are angina, or severe chest pain radiating from the heart to the left center of my chest. (severe if the blockage is severe)

Jack
Hi Kate,

I have had the same thing myself - in my left chest, abdomen and mostly in my right leg, especially when standing.

I don't know what it is.  

I am in my 20's and wonder how on earth I can have hardening of arteries in such a short space of time, I thought hardening and narrowing of artieries happened over years.

I started getting sinus tachy and arrythmia in April, I am still trying to find out why, I also have developed circulation problems very quickly too, something else which I thought occured over YEARS rather than a couple of months which seems to have occured.

All I can ask is... have you lost weight recently?  I lost more than a stone in weight in a short space of time too, I look really thin, I have lost my body fat and so can see most of my veins too, my skin is thin and transparent I think with the weight loss which led me to believe that perhaps they are not protected, and if I stand or lean on something I am pressing on them causing this buzzing sensation because I do know that if I even just rest my chin on my hand I get pins and needles - that never used to happen.  My mother in law said you feel things more when you lose weight like that.  

I have had severe pain in my left chest, I have had stabbing pain when I try and take a deep breath, a sharp pain in my left arm and an aching pain in my left shoulder. I went to the ER and my EKG was okay also my blood enzymes in relation to my heart checked out fine, I was given some IV pain medication and for several days I could breath deeply and felt fine but I woke at 3am with shortness of breath and sharp pain in my left chest directly over my heart and cannot take a deep breath without severe pain and/or simply having my breath cut short. In addition I get dizzy and feel slightl nausea. The ER found nothing last week, i do not smoke never have, I do not drink.

At this moment all of the above symptoms are ocurring but I feel like if I go into the hospital I will just look like an idiot and be told we can find nothing fro m the basic tests they give. I am a 37 year old male in good physical shape, I do have a long history of heart and artery trouble on my fathers side. My father is currently dealing with 50% and 60% blockages in his arteries in his legs, my grandfather had 2 heart attacks at 35 years old 1 at 37 and 5 between the ages of 65 and 75. My great grand father died of a heart attack and so did my grandfathers older brother.

I am tired of being told it is nothing but still going thru these symtoms (symptoms) the pain and the shortness of breath etc... Please anyone who can give me advice I need some bad... Thank you.

Get to your Dr, and tell him to recheck your heart,,my Father and his sister had heart blockages  and now so do I ,,I have 5 stents and a triple by-pass behind me,please go
to another Dr, and let them check,,good luck