plavix
I had a heart attack in 2002 and got a Bx VELOCITY(TM) Coronary Stent (actually the very first drag-coted stent). I was put on plavix 75 and aspirin, toprol, lipitor. ftre a while, doctor replaced lipitor with zocor and after awile with vytorin. Finaly vitorin was replaced to cresent/20. Also I'm taking atacand, which was replaced recently to benocar/20. My cholesterol is normal, blood presure (as of yersterday 110/70-never been such low, usuallu, high). And yesterday doctor advise to remove plavix (after 6 years of taking it), just take an aspirin 81 and reduce toprol per half. Please advise re taking off Plavix. Doctor said that because the stend is drug-coted, I should not take Plavix any longer, just Aspirin. But he knew before that my stent was drug-coted, but never advised to take Plavix off. Please advise. thanks

This discussion is related to Stent longevity and homocysteine.