Heart Disease Community
please HELP?? answer with anything

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

please HELP?? answer with anything

I am 23 I have had random intense chest pain for about 3 years, possibly variant angina, I went into cardiac arrest in October and then acute respiratory failure and was on life support, my blood pressure is generally around 96-105/48-66 (and always has run low/normal), and my pulse rarely dips below 100, this is new in the past couple of years about since the chest pain started, the range is about 96-133 beats/min. When I was in the hospital they checked for stroke and heart attack they did an EKG that was normal, but what could cause low BP and High heart rate? What could cause cardiac arrest and respiratory failure at such a young age without any symptoms at the time that it happened?
     furthermore I do not smoke, I am 5'4" and weigh 130, I am active, and i do not do any drugs

Why did you have cardiac arrest and respiratory failure? With such a history, I'm shocked they aren't keeping you hospitalized until they find the source of your pains.
Apart from EKG, have they recently done a chest-xray, echocardiogram, stress test, blood tests?
they are doing a new EKG, echo, blood work on July 6...but I wondered why they didnt figure it out either...I have also had 13 neurosurgeries prior so they looked for a stroke and stuff at the time. I have a condition that causes constant pain so they think chronic pain and anxiety could be causing the tachycardia but with low BP?? that is weird to me. I have some medical background so I know that is not really a good combination. What is weird is that they never got an echo when i was in the hospital on life support?? I have gotten all my records and gone through them to see if there is anything that I could see like possible potassium imbalance or anything. from what they did I cannot find anything... they did x-ray's in the hospital but nothing since I just think all of those doctors thought my primary care would take care of following up but I was at school  and over 3 hours away from home so she couldn't follow up...but i am home for the summer so i asked her about it the other day and she is doing the tests I mentioned before and checking for thyroid conditions... I have an incredible history... with all my neurosurgeries..it is so complicated...i had brain swelling, spinal meningitis 4 times (bacterial), a brain infection that they luckily removed before it did permanent damage, a blood clot in my brain, a "cyst-like tumor" on my optic nerve, at one time I went blind and deaf within 3 days of each other for a while, they thought it was permanent but I am sooo lucky it wasnt. My history is very extensive that is just a quick overview of everything, and I think my history is so complicated at such a young age it confuses doctors and they do not know which direction to really go in...I am very lucky to be able to say i am functioning as if nothing has really happened, except I still have constant nerve pain and now have asthma. My brain function is still great, but my constant high heart-rate and low BP really makes me nervous. My immune system is AWFUL and I get sick extremely easy and whatever it is usually lasts a lot longer with me than anyone else!... so here's more history if you are interested.... tell me what you think?  
Wow, what history!!!

As per your overall problem, just the obvious that sometimes is overlooked, Have your Vitamin D levels be checked? This can be the source of your immune problems.

As per the nerve pain, I suffer from 2 disk hernias and for more than 40 years I avoid the pain with massive doses of Vitamin B1, normally 2grams (yes grams) per day. If you want to try it, you need a acid stomach to assimilate it, so not stomach protectors otherwise it does not work.

Jesus
D was checked it was definitely low and I take suppplements everyday for both and vitamin B shots every week...and a daily vitamin supplements none of them are high and pretty much all of them are low.
such a mystery and I am doing everything I can to figure this out... I ma getting my first Echo tomorrow and another EKG, and bloodwork, also checking the thyroid so I guess we will see then but everyone seems to be stumped by my problem!
I am asking for any advice and help possible... thank you for respnding!!
One of the problems with Vit. D is that traditionally the normal range are very low.

Nowadays it is considered that to be healthy you should aim at 60ngr of 25-hydroxyvitamin D in your blood.

In my wife's case, to reach that, 2000 IU/day of Vit. D3 are needed on a permanent basis, but in other cases doses up to 50.000IU/week are used.

Your levels  should be controlled periodically, it is not a matter of supplements but real medication under medical control.

Jesus