Heart Disease Expert Forum
please help

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

please help

this isnt a question about heart disease but i didnt know who to ask, so my  question is can a person mess up their heart from taking a hot shower then after that taking a quick cold shower? the reason i ask is because one night after i got off work in late july i took my regular hot shower then i turned the hot water off a took a quick cold one only long enough to cool down and catch my breath also my heart started to beat fast i wait for it to slow down and got out. August 3 my heart started to beat fast on its own one morning so i went to the er ive been three times now have had 3 k.e.g's since whitch they say everything is ok. but since august 3 when i do anything physical like runing joging, or just try and work fast heck even when i play my ps3 and  push the buttons really fast i can feel my heart beating faster and i happens quicker than it ever has. what i mean is it starts to beat fast very easy. im sorry this is so long. i just 23. if i did mess up as i asked can i recover from it
It is very unlikely that what you are describing with the shower caused a perminent issue with your heart. It would be a good idea to discuss your symptoms with your primary doctor as it seems it may be helpfult to give you a temporary heart monitor to wear at home for a couple days to try to capture if what you are feeling is an arrythmia (abnormal heart rhythm) or if you heart is maintaining a normal rhythm. The ECG is the ED is certainly reassuring though can miss transient rhythm issues if you are not feeling the symptoms at the time of the ECG. Good luck. I hope this helps.