Heart Disease Community
poor r wave progression

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

poor r wave progression

I have chest discomfort for 17 months now. Went to my doctor, he said without test that I was having anxiety attacks, and gave me Zoloft,which I did not take. Now I had pre opt test done for surgery on my knee, and all the test were normal except on the EKG it states "poor R wave progression. I am to go see another doctor to see if it okay for surgery. I have occasionally had burning in left arm, tingling sometimes, pain in my back below shoulder blad sometimes, nothing really sets any of this off. It is just a  constant dull aching pain in my chest, on the left side. The doctor said my heart was sideways, that it was common in skinny people, and nothing to worry about . I am 5'6" and weigh about 132lbs. I am very worried about this. scared i am going to have a heart attack any minute and die. I am currently awaiting to see a doctor,but, would like any information on this that you may have.  Is this a dangerous sign/signs I have been having? Is the poor R wave progression another sign of heart problems due to the fact I have been having chest discomfort for over a year?