Heart Disease Community
possible anterior infarct

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

possible anterior infarct

i have been having these pains from my chest through my left arm sometimes i can feel my heart beat it seems like in my throat this week it got bad i awoke to severe pain in the left side of my neck that then radiated to my left arm i ignored it then the next day i went to the er my ekg read normal sinus rhythm can't rule out anterior infarct i have plus 1-2 pitting edema in my right leg with nothing in the left the doctor never checked that and some occasional pain in the same leg above the calf i am extremely overweight 5'4 300 lbs and all of my blood work was normal ekg was normal no dopler no scan should i just take the pain medicine i told the doctor that i did not have any injuries and it is not any pain that i can replicate from any movement i tried before i ever decided to go to the er what should i do
Avatar n tn
Did the ER do a blood test for cardiac enzymes?  That is one test for an MI that tells the whole story, if done quickly enough.  There are 3 blood samples taken at 8 hour intervals.  The first one is usually slightly elevated.  The second one is higher,  and then it drops, as the third one usually indicates.  

When you have this type of pain, you really need to go to the ER immediately, and do not drive but call an ambulance.
lanna,

To give some insight, one can have a heart attack (MI anterior infarct, heart muscle damage) and not have any symptoms or have had symptoms that were temporary.  If untreated from an MI, the heart will eventually fail or cause arrhythmia.  Normal blood count helps determine if there was heart damage within the last few hours or so..

Peripheral edema can be due to the heart's right side failure to pump the blood received from the vessels to the lungs.  This can cause fluids to back up and leak into the tissues.  Usually, right-side failure involves edema to both legs and abdomen.  One leg edema could be caused by a blood clot?!

You should verify if there is or is not and what degree of heart muscle damage if any.