Heart Disease Expert Forum
possible bundle branch block

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

possible bundle branch block
For the last 3 monthes I have been having all kinds of **** happen to me (skipped beats , pains , breathing problems , dizzyness etc.) they found a possible bundle branch block and found out I had high blood pressure when I was at the hospital a few monthes back. I am on Atenol and things just keep getting worse. I have had ekgs,echos,24 hour heart monitor once,chest x ray and bloodwork done but nothing can be found and somtimes the bbb doesnt even show up. I feel like **** all the time with all my symptoms and nobody can help me, I am being told that is is stress or anxiety. Is there any type of electrical treatment for bbb as there are with people with pvcs ? I cant take this **** anymore
Hi Dillon,

I am sorry you are feeling poorly.  BBB can be intermittent or can only occur with faster heart rates.  Although it is usually not the norm, I have met people that can tell exactly when they have bundle branch block.  For you, it would be important to prove that your symptoms come when you have bundle branch block.  One way to do this is with a holter monitor and event log where you record the time you had symptoms and what you were doing.  If the symptoms correlate with times of BBB, then that is pretty convincing.  If this isn't helpful and your BBB is intermittent, an exercise stress test also may help clear this up the question.

Rate related bundle branch blocks may be helped with beta blockers, to keep your heart at slower rates.  Calcium channel blockers may also help.

Thanks for posting and good luck.
I have also done everything possible to treat the "anxiety".
While I am not a doctor, a BBB is something which usually is nothing to worry about (if it is a right bbb) if it is a left one a doctor will usually do some cardio tests to check for disease, which you have had. I also know lead placement and computer error can cause a false positive for BBB.

I know it can be hard to accept stress and anxiety can cause such symptoms, but it can. A second or third opinion can always help though.

Take the above as advice and wait for the doc to respond.
I need to comment something about the anxiety and depress.  Well, they can't find mine one what's wrong too.  Diagnosed as anxiety while I sat in front of him quietly.  When I was crying in front of him, he diagnosed me as depress.

I took the anxiety med.  I felt so sleepy all day long.  I didn't see traffic light what colours.  I was in half sleep while I drive.  My daughter sat beside me and yelled.  "Mum, you definately won't die of heart problem.  You would die in car crash before that.  Or may be I'll will die of heart attack before you!"  So, I stopped the anxiety med.

I was diagnosed RBBB & PAT at 15 yrs.  They placed a lead in my right ventricle so it caused LBBB.  Now, whole heart gets stuff up!
thank you very much for the advice doc , have not heard about the Calcium channel blockers yet , I will ask about that. Doc just bumped me up to 100 mg twice a day of atenol.