post angioplasty bruising
I had a stent put in on Thursday.  The cath was inserted higher up on the abdomen than normally placed in the groin section.  The area was sore as normal.  However,  by time I went home on Friday the bruising had spread to my right testicle which became very swollen and bruised.  It is now Saturday and both testicles are the size of oranges and very black.  My penis also has a large amount of bruising and is basically black on one side and white on the left.  Needless to say both are very sore.  I have tried applying ice for several hours today and it seems to have some effect but not much.  They are very heavy which would make me think blood is there but possibly not. Also there is not a line of bruising from the incision to the genitals.  Any suggestions?  Having this on Easter weekend does not make for available doctors.
Unusual happening and no infromation available to help provide some guidence.  You may want to go to emergency as it may be an infection or rupture.
Thanks Ken, it seems like the swelling has abated somewhat after lots of ice.  Still black and still sore, although not as bad.