post bypass surgery symptoms
My name is Linda - My husband had quadruple bypass surgery three weeks ago.  He continues to get confused when he wakes up from a nap.  Could he still be under the effects of the anesthesia?  He has not taken any pain medication since he came home 5 days after the surgery on July 17, 2009.  

This discussion is related to post bypass heart symptoms.
How old is your husband and what meds is he taking?. In the big scheme of things, 3 weeks is almost no time at all when recovering from a bypass operation. So do not get alarmed and it is normal, particulary with the strong and high dosages of medicines they give right after bypass. I had 12 meds when I was released from the hospital. Today 6 years later I am on 3.
    My dad had bypass surgery last week and is experiencing the same symptoms.  How is your husband doing now?  Have you learned anything since your post?  His doctors don't seem to have any ideas but they also don't seem concerned.

I dont think it likely he will be having effects of the aneasthetic, not after 3 weeks.
I am surprised he isn't on pain relief. Can you notice any improvements at all, like how long he is confused for? Bypass surgery is traumatic to the body and it affects different people in different ways. You should have an outpatients appointment with the cardiology team, usually 6 weeks after surgery. If there is no improvement by then, I would raise the issue with them.
My dad had bypass surgery 2 weeks ago. Somedays he seems stronger and some days weak. He was sleeping alot during the first week. Last night his blood pressure was 150/70 and it concerned me ! Is it normal for the blood pressure to go up sometimes!