post cabg surg symp
has anyone heard of having problems with their senses of smell or tatse of food after bypass surgery
someone please answer or direct me to place to get the answeresto my questions
I experienced those issues after my bypass surgery for about three months. I couldn't believe how different the air felt, tasted and smelled. For about two years it seemed warm, musty and not really smelling of very much at all. After bypass surgery it suddenly became cool, refreshing and full of different smells. Food for three months tasted very bland, and everything seemed to leave a strange metallic taste in my mouth. I suppose I simply became desensitised to the new sensations of air, and food began to taste normal after about three months.
thx so much for the response. at least i am not going cazy. food and water the most basic items just all of a sudden lose there normal smell and taste, and it makes for a difficult time to eat or drink especially when nourishment is an important ingrediant to recovery.
i wonder if anyone nos what causes this is it the drugs, blood transfusions, i wonder
I think it's probably a mixture of things. Like trauma to the body and medication. Perhaps it also has something to do with the anaesthetics slowly leaving body tissue. It is unlikely to be due to blood transfusions.
thx for your replys and thoughts.  i will keep my ears open if i hear of any other explainations i will let you know.
thank you, but this is not uncommon. When I was in hospital recovering, many patients found food to have a bland metallic taste. Another strange thing I experienced was that the skin on my face and scalp felt very tight, like they had given me a face lift at the same time. Everyone commented on how much wider my eyes looked, but this again stopped after a few months and I looked my older age again :)
Maybe I was give some free botox lol
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :o)