Heart Disease Community
preganet and have heart problems

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

preganet and have heart problems

am 22 going on 23.am 3months preganet, a docotor told me i would have to trimait the baby ,but i dont belive in that so i went to an other dr. he said he will work with me because my heart is beating good, i have one heart pump iwant this baby it a dream come true if it that my life to give an other, is the best thing..what do you think may happen to me?or what do you belive i should do.?
You are taking the risk of developing heart failure (which is a chronic form of heart disease) Your baby could end up without a mother. If you are bent on having this baby you need to be followed by a doctor that specializes in High Risk pregnancies along with a good cardiologist. Being pregnant really puts a major strain on the heart; you may have to be bedridden for this pregnancy.
what is the heart problem called they told you have. I am 22 with dilated cardiomapthy which i have had for years no idea how i got it but i only found out i had it when i was 3mths pregnant, i made it through my pregnancy and birth with very few hiccups but i was looked after closely. I have just found out i am pregnant again #3 after miscarriage 2mths ago. My doctor has informed me that he thinks i should not have this baby also cause of the fact i could get worse, been a mum is what i really want i really want another child so i have decided i would leave this baby and have it! This happened for a reason and I'm not going to give it up i will try my hardest to do anything to have this child. stay positive think positive.. Good Luck :)
Well, it would be better than getting near birth and suffering very bad complications. At least a Doctor is going to work with you, keep you monitored. If this means so much to you, and the Doctor feels your heart is ok, then I think personally you should go ahead. If you choose the other path, you will probably regret it for the rest of your life. Just ensure you follow the Doctors instructions and I really hope everything turns out well for you. Will you please keep us posted on your progress?