prinzmetal syndrome
I had a surgery 5 years ago to have my tubes tied.  When i was in the hospital i experianced chest pain and shortness of breath off and on at different times of the day and night for 2 days. it would come on sudden and It would last any where from a few mins to several mins. The pain was sever. A cardiac work up was performed including a chemical stress test, EKG, and ultra sound.  nothing substancial was found. The cardiaoligist said it was prinzmetal syndrome resluting from a reaction to the anesthesia and pain meds.  I have not had chest pains or shortness of breath since then.  My question is i have to have another surgery for a hysterectomy.  I do not want to go thur that chest pain and shortness of breath again. What should i tell my doctor and is there anything they can do to prevent that reaction from happening again?
Discuss this with the surgeon and anesthesia doctors. They will more than likely choose a different drug program for you. I have this same problem, but in daily life.