Heart Disease Community
pulse/heartbeat all over my body.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

pulse/heartbeat all over my body.

Lately, I have noticed that when I go to sleep, I can feel my pulse in strange places, such as fingers, legs, stomach...and lately, all over at the same time.
Any idea of what this is?
It is normal and mostly psychological.  If anyone concentrates enough, they will be able to feel their heart beat all over their body.  This is particularly the case when you are going to sleep because everything is quiet, you are lying still and there are no distractions.  I am constantly aware of my heart beat because I think about it.  When I am distracted by something I do not notice.  My girlfriend thinks I am crazy but yesterday I had a very good talk with her and asked her if she could feel hers. She immediately said no but then sat still and concentrated and all of a sudden she could feel it in her neck and chest.  We think too much about it!!!
i feel pulses all over my body, in my fingertips and toes, front and back of my kegs, thighs, arms, neck, back, its very worrying, my mum and dad think im overexagerrating things and dont think anythings wrong. any help?
Im bringing this post back!

anyone else?
This is not psychological!  When I lay on my bed I can feel my heartbeat all over my body.  It makes my body "twitch" for lack of a better term.  I can actually make my bed MOVE slightly back and forth when lying on it.  I've been tested for high blood pressure multiple times and almost always have a normal reading.

I have other symptoms.  It feels like my body is a big balloon that is over-filled and about ready to burst.  I have constant slight pressure in my head.  I have major joint problems.  I'm tired all the time.

My family doctors seem to ignore any symptoms I have.  I'm very frustrated that I cannot find help.  That's why I've been searching the internet for some answers.
Sometimes my heart also beats so hard strongly that it makes my body rock, or the bed move. My blood pressure is low to low/normal. I have no medical conditions but have always wondered why this happens. It is not connected to moods or hormones, or atleast I have found no correlation. Also, when I cross my legs sometimes the leg on top will "bob" slightly to the rhythm of my heartbeat.
I started noticing my strong pulse after a severe evening of vomiting, which I think was food poisoning. My pulse, too, is strong enough to make my body move - if I hold, say, a glass of water, the water pulsates in time with my pulse. It's constant, never changing, whether I'm feeling relaxed or anxious. My BP is normal; ECG normal, other tests normal (thyroid, blood glucose, anaemia). Neurotic? Maybe. But it would be nice to get an explanation. No one seems to have any answer at all.
I have felt the same exact thing! Just last night while lying in bed, the bed moved with every heartbeat. Definitely not psychological!  The headboard shook! It's been happening for about a month now.  My blood pressure is fine. I've been to the ER this year for what they called a panic attack. I was later diagnosed with MS. I don't know if it's all tied together. Finally knowing why my legs were heavy and tingling was(MS), in a way, was a relief.

But this heavy heartbeat that moves my body is really scary.  I sometimes feel my pulse in my nose, sometimes it gets red and swollen. And this is also a mystery. It's very frustrating.
i feel this constant pulse thru my whole body when i am at rest and when i am moving i feel it al the time when i am driving when i am working showering eating anything...its driving me crazy and i know if i go to my dr or the er they will do all the same tests and ekg i dont need its not a panic attack or hbp or low bp but i dont know what it is i can feel it right now while im typing and would love it if  anyone can help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My god! This has made me feel better, thought I was dying, haven't told anyone even my girlfriend who has commented that she can feel it when we cuddle! I feel it everywhere, if I lie down my stomach goes up and down quite hard with the rhythm of my heartbeat. Its like I have a giant oversized heart that is pushing blood around my body at very high pressure, its also constant. I cant even count seconds in my head unless my heartbeat is the same speed, the beats are just too powerful.

12 years I have had this, never been to doctor as I have an extremely bad fear of hospitals and think (unrationally I know, but can't beat it) I have some incurable fatal disease!

A huge weight has been lifted!

Has anyone found what it is yet?
I am in a very similar situation as Red Sparkler where my leg bobs up and down (very minutely) but constantly. I can also feel the beats in my hands and head, and when I sleep at night the pillow moves ever so slightly. I have had an ECG, EKG, Holter Monitor, etc... and the Cardio says there is no problem. Also have had an Adrenal and Thyroid test. All normal. I am going to see another Doctor on 23rd Oct 2009 so we will see. It is very annoying. I also occasionally get headaches and unsettled stomach and have had Atrial Fribrillation once (irregular heatbeat previously). No idea if they are related. I am male, 35. Blood pressure is normal.
i got on the internet to find an answer too because i am under a lot of stress and an emotional breakdown yesterday, but when i try to control my stress or feel stressed out i just stand there or go through the motions without thought and notice that my pulse is beating very hard, not fast, just very hard. i took a 3 hour nap and just woke up and my beats were very rough and made me dizzy this morning and feel a bit nauceous...
this is normal. i have been to the drs several times about the same thing and time and time again i am told its normal. i convinced myself i had some sort of heart problem to the extent i have experienced panic attacks. im not as bad now because i have learnt to relax but once i get thinking about it i find it gets worse! think logically and try to relax!
Oh my god, guys. You are all hypochondriacs. Relax! And realize that the heart has to pump hard enough to get blood moving constantly throughout your whole body. I'm not a medical professional but it seems to be it's perfectly normal to feel a pulse all over your body when you're really paying attention--I know I do, and I have yearly physicals and I'm perfectly healthy. I've also experienced the creaking headboard that a couple of you have mentioned. I've found that that depends on how the headboard is aligned with the floor and I can usually make the creaking stop if I just get up and slide the bed up or down a couple of inches to re-align the headboard.
I feel the same things!!! I feel impulses in my legs, arms, feet!! And yes, it seems to me also that I can feel my heart in my upper abdomen!! I have definitely convinced myself that I have some type of intestinal parasite that can travel through your tissues and organs.  I have begun to take all types of herbal treatments that Do settle my stomach but the  problem has never totally gone away.  By the doctors account, I'm fine!  But I don't think so!
Okay , I can relate to all of you, this is surely nothing PSYCHOLOGICAL or in the mind or us causing this to happen,. this happens then we get aware of it. I am sure you are all sick of hearing "its nothing" or "youre fine" or "its just in your head" or "its anxiety" etc.. etc..

yes my bed pillow sheets all vibrate and visibly move too,. what we are talking about, well let me rephrase, what im talking about and what i think all of you are talking about is not a  racing of the heart,. but a pounding of the heart at normal BPM's beats per minute.  

the pounding is hard and can be felt everywhere, for me its mostly butt thighs esp when im sitting,. arms hands fingers.

Its VERY annoying, scary and frustrating. There MUST be a reason behind this which is not the old "its just anxiety" (they love saying this when they cant find the cause)

for me there is additional symptoms, BLOODSHOT eyes,. cloudy vision, muscle twitching, nasal inflammation and mucous, chest tightness, joint , muscle, ligament pain

symptoms seem to get worse when LAYING down and upon rising in morning
sleep is HORRIBLE

if anyone has any input or knows what these things could mean please MESSAGE me

thank you and good luck to all

at least i dont feel alone
I have recently experienced the same whole body pulsing problem (move the bed? what LR10 you have noooo idea what ya talking about do you?)... i am taking sertraline anti depressants and have bulimia so was thinking it may be down to regular vomiting and perhaps side effects from meds? anyone else in my boat? also, magnesium/ potassium levels could be a factor? relieved to have found this page - other than headboard alignment reply my mind has been put to rest a little...

thank you and hope you all continue to investigate and share your findings on here
I've had this for three years. It started when I was walking to work one day and I had a hard time breathing, I felt like vomiting, thought I was just over stressed. A few months later I had an "episode" where I felt like I was having a heart attack, I was rushed to the hospital where I was told that it was a panic attack.

A few months later I ended up back in the ER with heart palpitations, they said I had low potassium and inflammation in the lining around my heart, otherwise I was fine. The strange thing was, when I was laying on the bed and had the IV in with a saline drip and an anti-inflammatory I told the doctor that I felt like my whole body was pulsating, this was the first time I really noticed it, she literally laughed at me and walked out of the room.

I've been to doctor after doctor, ER after ER, I've had an MRI of my head, an EKG, blood work, and Pelvic, Ear and Eye exams that have all come out fine. They've tried to put me on anti-anxiety pills but I've refused, I swear this isn't mental.

7 months ago, I quit smoking, that helped a lot, a month later I quit consuming caffeine, which made the biggest difference and the panic attacks have mostly gone away. A large amount of sugar will bring the problems back again with a vengeance though.

I'm convinced it either has to do with the inner ear or the heart. The blurred vision, twitching, pounding heartbeat (which can exceed 120bpm) panic attacks and mood swings can all correlate with problems with the ear or heart.

I'm on a mission to fix this, to get my life back, to be able to drive more than 55mph without getting dizzy, or go running, or ride an escalator (mall visits have ceased to exist), or get on a plane. I'm tired of feeling like I'm going to pass out all the time, or my heart will beat out of my chest, I'm also tired of doctors giving me THAT look, I know I'm not making this up and I truly believe that anti-anxiety medication is NOT the answer.

Definitely NOT psychological.  In fact, when I had this following and adverse reactions to a prescribed med, you could see all pulses, all over the body, pulsating.  It was visible.

If you can hear your heart beat when you are lying down, it is called pulsatile  tunnitus, and yes, it is unpleasant.  I had this too for a few years on and off.

Hi All

I have started experiencing this too. It started about two months ago. I'm just curious to see how all you guys are getting along with this? In the short time i've had this i have been literally going insane. Honestly, no doctor or ER quack in the world will take me seriously once i tell them "my body rocks with my heart beat"  not even family members.

Upon one of my thousand google searches about this, i came across a bounding pulse, which sort of seems to match whats going on here a little bit, since I can visibly see all of my major arteries pulsate. Could all of these arteries pulsating the way that they do cause the body to rock slightly when keeping perfectly still?

I have made sure that my blood pressure has nothing to do with it and it dosent. It's ususally around 120/70 with my pulse rate varying from 70-90 beats each time i take it, so the bounding pulse isnt do caused by blood pressure or fluid overload (which contributes to blood pressure).

Anyway, just wanted to know if there is anything out there that can moderaltly reduce these symptoms. Sometimes if i find the right position, my body will move back and forth at least 1 whole centemeter in lenght. Thats the most disturbing position however.

Yes, as any doctor will tell me 'you have anxiety and your just hyper aware of it' but honestly, i dont remember sitting at my laptop on my desk and being rocked back and forth while trying to type a paragraph in the past, i'm sure i would have picked up on it.

Please share your thoughts on this, thanks.
Do you exercise, because probably your heart rate is about 90 and because you are sedentary you feel your pulse very strong, it happens to me.  Check with your doctor if walking can improve your symptoms.  Otherwise go to an electrophysiologist who deals with heart rythms exclusively and will help you.  Hope you improve soon.
HI , I AM NOT GOOD IN ENGLISH BUT STILL I WANT TO WRITE IT.
I have the same feeling ECO metal ,MARTEC .
All the doctor says it was tension you fear a lot , But they don`t understand  how strange the feeling in  the body . i have the same feeling somethink pushing from my head front ,vibrating, burning sensation in body somepart differently ,breathink trouable thinks its was attck go hosiptal all is normal. cramp in hand and leg ,
PLEASE all you guys and girl , still all are you alive and have found why we have like think if yes pls let me know. if not also pls let me know i going to find it as a mission.  
Thank you everyone I'm 22 and I have the same problem my heart beats so hard I feel like I'm havein a seizure or something.I can see my shirt move and my bed.It happens a lot and sometimes for a while but not all the time I have tried every thing.I stopped smoking cigarettes and weed I don't drink pop anymore or anything with caffeine and I don't drink alcohol.Anything that promotes heart palpitations
Glad I am not alone.

For those people that think that this is all in our heads, it is not at all. We are not making these symptoms up, we are all suffering! It's very insulting to hear time and time again that "oh stop thinking about it so much, and it will go away"

I can feel my pulse in my head, fingers, legs, feet, toes, hands, arms, neck, chest, belly all the time.
If you put a remote control or box of tissues on my belly, you can see it move up and down about 2cms to the same beat as the pulse!

As I do anything physical, it only gets worse and worse as the pulse no doubt goes up

Going to sleep at night is almost impossible as I feel this pounding and pounding away on my pillow from my head. It feels like there is an earthquake constantly, it's so annoying. Also, I can feel the pulse in my legs which is also annoying!

When I wear shoes, I can feel my pulse rub against the shoes, its such a weird sensation.

I also from time to time feel burning sensations around my heart, and sometimes if feels like there is more pressure around my heart, it gets harder to breathe, kinda like if you running outside in very cold weather!

Hopefully someone will know what is causing this someday, find a cure, or some medical surgery to stop it, because living with this everyday does not feel healthy!
Makes you contemplate exercise or not, because you don;t know if that's causing harm or not!
sounds like Groats disease
Hello everyone,

I, too, have anxiety AND feel my pulse on parts of my body that most people don't. while there are certainly situations when a pulse can be abnormal in a certain part of your body and linked to some sort of pathology, in most cases I think that many of us in here  are perfectly healthy.

Now, what hasn't been explained to most of you, it seems, is the link between anxiety and your pulse. Anxiety makes people worry, almost obsess. I personally am hyper-aware of all sensations in my body--it's maddening, really, and I struggle to deal with it on a daily basis. However, the reality is, whether or not you aknolwedge it, most of our "concerns" and "awareness" are born of our anxiety and that when the physician says you're fine, there is a ridiculously large probability that they are correct.

In order for there to be some sort of abnormal pulse in a certain part of your body, there must be some change in the vasculature--especially if your blood pressure is normal. Changes in vasculature, such as abdominal aortic aneurysm, are mostly seen in the aged or with those people with congentical connective tissue disorders, which you'd most likely know about from a very young age due to the physical manifestations.

We are definitely an anxious bunch based on what I've read (and from what most of our doctors have told us), but we're okay ^_^
I have been having this problem for about a year.  I saw my cardiologist this past week and he gave me an explanation or possible reason that I feel my heartbeat all over my body.    This keeps me awake at night and I am totally aware of being in motion allday;  the motion is not visible to ohers but I feel it; my body, feet, legs are moving. It's like I am on a waterbed at night, a rocking chair during the day and a bucking bronco when on the toilet or shower stool. Since I last saw the dr last year, I have lost 30 pounds.  He told me that might be the reason I started noticing my heartbeat-there is no fat to absorb the beating of my heart like before.  I did not notice this problem until I lost the weight so his explanation made sense for me. My regular dr had no clue as to why I was feeling this way.  At least I have a reasonable explanation for my particular circumstance.  It's not in my head.  Hope this explanation may also apply to some of you.
oh men.. it's all in the mind... get busy.. keep your mind busy.. do not entertain anything bad. u may simply pretend you are perfectly fine, but as time goes by, those pretensions will be turned into a reality :)
I have the same issues.  I think it has something to do with either allergies or migraine or both.  I take a steroid nasal spray (omnaris (or nasonex works too)) and it helps but not completely.
Hello, I am here writing this to give you some news. If you are feeling constant hard heart beats (can see your heart beating through your chest and maybe your stomach) then listen up. I went to a very good cardiologist and found out what I had. He said that my ekg's showed evidence of what is a infection in the heart muscle (Your regular doctor or hospital doctor would never be able to tell this from a ekg). He said the only way you can be 100 percent sure that this is a infection (Which is EXTREMELY rare) is by taking a piece of the heart and examining it. But don't worry, this wont happen to any of you guys. Anyways, just to assure you guys, when he did a echo test he said that my valve closed unnormally and is leaking a little bit. HOWEVER, this is TOTALLY unrelated to what I what is happening and that it probably wont become a big problem in a few decades if never. He said that my ekg's are starting to look more normal and on my way to recovery (However, I am starting to feel strong pulses all over my body which might not or might be related)! I am only writing you this because I remeber when I started to feel like this I was freaking out and there was no reason. Well guess what, here is what you guys are feeling. My cardiologist said this is very common and zillions (yea he said the word "zillions") of people have this. I hope you guys feel better now because really, it is not a big deal, espically in young people. I hope I helped and made you feel better.
nah trust me it deffo is high bp get them to put you on a 24 houre bp moniter or else it will eventually kill you
Wow , at least I know I'm not alone. I too feel my pulde pounding through my body. It's starting to really scare me. Went to my cardio guy and my BP was fine and heart sounds very healthy to him. I first had it  just in my tail bone ( for 4 years now) Now it's running through my spine. I NEVER sleep well anymore .  I was reading one night and could see the book shaking with my heart beat to the point I couldn't even read it . No answers so far ?  I do suffer from anxiety attacks all my life but have been on meds for it  and have made real progress . This to me is PHYSICAL.
I will print out this blog and show it to my DR. I know EXACTLY what he'll say . It's your nerves but I don't by it .  Nerve entrapment maybe ? Anyone look into that end . Thanx  
dudes and dudettes,

it's totally nerves. I had the same problem and I was like man forget this *** and now I feel great.

You should check it out with a good dr though just for the sake of ruling everything out.

peace out.
And everyone else.  I have the whole body heart throb too.  I didn't get this till about 10 years of sedentary, no exercise, life passed by.  Being completely out of shape is not good for the heart.  And throw in a bad diet to clog your plumbing and you now have one over-worked heart.  A 80% blocked aorta will make anyone's heart pump hard enough to shake their entire body.

So, I'm getting my plumbing checked out.  After I get that all taken care of, I'm going back to the gym.  

I strongly suggest getting the plumbing checked out BEFORE you start doing your jumping-jacks again!
This is not in your head... I suffered with all of these symptoms for years, which brought on the anxiety and panic attacks...as well as aching joints etc....
the doctors told me it was psychological, in my head, blah blah....
what I have learned and have CURED the problem....

Its food allergies and sensitivities...

get a journal, and start taking note of what you eat right before it comes on or gets worse.   I went so long not knowing what was happening, I would even sleep on a  vibrating mat in order to block out the pulsing...
I wound up with gastroparesis (paralysis of the stomach)

my problem was food sensitivities coupled with my B vitamins being a little low...iron would drop sometimes..

NOT in your head!!! Its in your stomach!
its frustrating when ppl tell you its all in your head......when your pulse is so strong in your body that it wakes you out of a deep sleep...

If you have never had it, you do NOT know what you are talking about!
I have been able to feel my heartbeat all over my body, I first noticed it as a kid then it cleared up but came back about 3 years ago . It has really helped to read all of your comments , I have been laughed at on numerous occaisions... had numerous tests , mitra-valve and leaky valves getting off caffeine has helped tremendously and if I watch sugar and salt intake , hope this helps
Hey all, I have the same exact problems for one and a half years now.
My body moves with each heartbeat while I am lying down, my heart skips beats, my heart races after eating,  I have extremely bloated stomach, so much pressure in my abdomen it goes to my neck, head, ears.  Feels like it all will explode from the inside out - mostly on the right side of my body.  I started getting migraine auras (I never had before), insane pressure & pain up the back and sides of my neck into the base of my skull (thought I was having a stroke), swollen lymph nodes on my neck, very loud high pitch high-frequency squeal in my ear (tinnitus); blurry vision, feeling like I can't breathe, so dizzy at first I thought I was going to pass out, nauseous, aching jonts, breaking out in sweat, then major chills, tingling in my limbs, parts of my body going numb, lost 30 lbs., pressure under my right ribs, major pain in my back by my kidney, skin eczema/psoriasis - they cant figure out which- it is extremely itchy all over my body, my skin wont go to its pale color anymore, I have like a perma copper yellowish tan.  Been to 30 doctors and absolutely everything checked out OK! I had every test in the book, you name it - I had it! It is so frustrating our system doesn't have the proper tests/tools to really see what's going on in our bodies! Since our tests are inferior, then it of course must be in your HEAD! Doctors said it was anxiety, stress, sent me to a psychiatrist even; but I did not buy their BS. I know how I was before and how I am now.  I NEVER had this; it came on suddenly. These are REAL SYMPTOMS causing REAL physical manifestations that werent there before. Eventually I ran into an INTELLIGENT DR. who thought my gall bladder was not working. It took 6 months to get to this point and if I was not INSISTENT and PERSISTENT this could have gone on for years. I became my own dr. and started doing process of elimination! If a DR. told me a bunch of bull - like I was some sort of idiot; I moved on to the next.
DON'T GIVE UP PEOPLE!
My gallbladder looked fine on MRI, MRCP, CAT scans, US, xray, absolutely PERFECT!! They told me nothing was wrong with it!! Until I had a HIDA scan and it showed it was functioning at only 10%!! MUST OF BEEN IN MY HEAD!
At about the same time I had a saliva test done with the ADRENAL panel and it showed my adrenals were shot.   Whether my adrenals are shot due to my gallbladder being diseased or my gallbladder not functioning due to my adrenals not working -I don't know.  I am trying to cure my adrenals before I have surgery to see if it helps. I am convinced it is either bactreia or virus that will not show up in blood tests. In my case in my gallbladder - most likely poisoning me.
There is something you can do to HELP yourself when no one else will.  Have a saliva hormone test with adrenal panel done (regular doctors will not do this - you need a naturopath) Adrenals checked by your medical Dr. with blood tests won't show the real picture! They will say all is normal! Blood tests are not sensitive enough. You must have the saliva test over 24 hrs.! If your adrenals arent working right,  talk to your naturopath about adrenal tissue/cortex supplements and/or buy this book :Adrenal Fatigue by James L. Wilson.  Medical Dr.s won't help you unless you have full blown Addisons Disease.  You can fix adrenal disfunction naturally before you get too bad. It could be causing lots of things in your body to go wrong.  Catch it before you have to start having parts taken out by surgery!  If you feel it could be your gallbladder have it checked out, not just by scans but by the HIDA scan: that one checks your gallbladder functioning. There could be something in your body that is infected, but it could be a low chronic infection that doesn't show up on blood tests constantly causing inflammation. If it's a virus, regular blood test don't test for viruses. The tests that do, check only for a few. We do not have a way to check all viruses through blood tests. I too thought I was going to die at fist, believe me I am not a drama freak and I tend to downplay things.  I took passing a large kidney stone better than this. But with this I was so freaked out and scared I didn't think I would wake up alive.  Well I am not dead yet.  But if I do get my gallbladder surgery and its completely diseased; then that is it.  I don't want to lose it thinking it will heal naturally but Dr.s say it does not. Since I am over the dizzy spells I feel a little better, I am holding off.  But either way I plan to come back and report my progress so it can help someone.  There is nothing worse than people searching for aswers and not answering what happened with them years later!!
Hi I don't have the same exact problem but I do feel like my heart pounds really fast when i try to go to sleep. I've had all the test for heart abnormalties and my doctor said there all normal. So when i try to go to sleep and I feel like my heart is pounding i instintly put my blood pressure machine on and check my blood pressure and pulse. I look at my heart rate and it says its my heart rate is 65 so i must be feeling my pulse threw my chest. I was just wondering is there a way to stop this so i can actally go to sleep?
Just to let you know NLP and Hypnotherapists train their visual awareness to see this body rock or pulse movements to allow them to see when your going into and out of trance or experiancing the emotional state there illiciting this is not really normal to feel this in yourself but all of you (and me) have trained your kinesthetic(touch/feeling) awareness to the point where we can feel this, I'm willing to bet most of you can feel it like a wave eminating from your chest and reaching your feet milliseconds (but a percevable time) after your fingers.

Relax its called being in tune with your body. Start worrying if you stop feeling it, that means your dead.
has anyone found anything?koz ive started gettng the symptoms tooo..i cn feel my pulse everywhere n i mean everywhere!!!!im too scard to tll my parents!!sometimes i feel i cannot breathe and at nyt it meks sleeping a huge problem!!!i wnt fr a blood test i thnk a year ago n ws tld evrythn is fine i ws just slytly anemic!!cud this b related?kz i havnt gone bek to chek whether my blood is fine!!am 19 female...n sumtymz i gt soo xkard wich meks my heart beat faster and stronger!!!
I experienced this kind of symptoms for over a week , and all because I took some Nasonex spray that consists in strong steroids that affect the thyroid glad. If you take any kind of medicine with steroids , that can include noninflammatory pills that the doctor prescribe you, stop takeing them , that is the reason of your strong heart pounding in legs, hands or anywhere else in your body.
If you don't you have  to go to the doctor to see if you have problems with your thyroid gland , that is a sign that you maybe have hypothyroidism, that your thyroid gland is overactive.
Listen people.   I wouldn't try to downplay what you are all going through, and I also am not  doctor, have not read every post here, and don't know the truth about everyone here, but from reading all of these i felt i should post.   This is simply anxiety.   I have had experienced almost every single symptom I read in these posts.   Anxiety is basically a heightened level of awareness associated with fight or flight.   This was crucial to the survival of the human race(not so useful these days).   I suffered from unbelievable anxiety and panic attacks but never believed it was true, i was convinced something was wrong with me physically.  It was so bad I developed a severe fear of going to sleep, as it seemed to be the worst part of the day in regards to anxiety.   I felt my heart beat so well and it was so obvious to me that I eventually was able to control my heart rate.  When I got good at this, i started to realize it was an amazing technique I developed that would put me to sleep very easily.  Instead of fearing this feeling of heightened awareness, I decided to experience it, play with it, become one with the feelings without making any judgement.   Once i did this I was now able to, at least in my mind, be fully convinced it was all in my head.   Once you can make this realization, you can get your lives back.   After my mind was convinced, i did realize it took my body quite some time to recover.   I guess being in a borderline state of panic for almost 2 years does some tweaking to the body's nervous system.  I now live a normal life, i can still feel my heartbeat sometimes but now it comforts me, it makes me feel more in control of my body, and when you can truly ignore the feeling without getting afraid you will realize it too.  anyway, like i said, I can only state an opinion and i just felt I could help someone.
thanks n good luckkk people
Thank God I am not the only one who has this. I thought it was the medications that I was taking So I stop taking them sometimes but this heartbeating thing continues. I can now feel it traveling all throughout my body, more intensely now and I am awake. It use to happen only while I was asleep. I do have quite a few medical problems that I take medications for. But I dont feel that they are the problems. I see now it will only be a waste going to the doctor for it. I try to massage the symptoms away, I'll just try and find a solution.
i feel my heartbeat all the time im 16yrs old and ive had this sense i was in 7th grade, i woke up one sunday and i had this weird pressure in my head and i had to put my head down in something, ever a since then i have a head tremor that seems to go to the rythem of my heartbeat, but not always to my heart but mostly
To those claiming it is anxiety, I don't doubt you get anxious and can feel your heartbeat. However, feeling your heartbeat and causing the chair you are sitting in to wobble are two entirely different things.

I am a healthy 23 year old male non-smoker. I exercise twice a week, avoid carbonated drinks, avoid sugar, and live a fairly stress free life.

I don't think this is some life threatening issue, but it is annoying to sit down to read a book and have your chest thump back and forth. Very amusing the fellow suggesting to do something to take your mind off it and you notice it when you start to do something.

Unfortunately with the internet you will have those with no idea what they are talking about giving you advice. Good luck to the rest of yall, I will google and talk to my doctor about the more reasonable suggestion.
I am not an anxious person, but I feel my heartbeat in my upper torso, head, and arms occasionally.  It usually occurs along with my bouts of heart palpitations and "sinking" feelings.  However, I also have COPD with chronic bronchitis and have medications for that, along with medications for hypothyroidism, slighly elevated blood pressure, and high cholesterol.  As I've been assured by my physicians that my medications are not causing the palpitations, I've learned to live with the infrequent occurances.  I'm on the third day of the current round of symptoms and have deduced, after consulting my "eating" diary, that caffeine is probably the culprit today, I've switched to chamomile tea for the duration.  These "throbings" are not in my head, I have nothing to be anxious about, and I'll just mention them to my PCP during my next annual visit.  Good luck to all of you with fears about this phenomenon.
I was diagnosed with a dangerously low B12 deficiency in May 2011. The only reason I was diagnosed was due to this overwhelming feeling of passing out. Over the course of a few months my head feels like its weightless and I get feelings of passing out through out the day. I feel a thud or pulse in my head and almost like a shakey (shaky) feeling throughout my body at times. I lost my vision & passed out after standing for twenty minutes and nearly passed out two weeks ago after walking a short distance. When I go to bet I feel like I am in the middle of  the ocean just rocking back and forth. I have had MRI (brain scan) EEG (sleep study) nerve testing, a VNG for inner ear, waiting on holter monitor results & due for an Echo in two days. I don't know what is going on but I was fine until May. I don't have a life anymore......I do absolutely nothing. I am schedule to go to Duke Medical University on Oct 4th 2011 to meet w/ the chief of neurosurgery to figure out if my heart & head are connected in some way causing these symptoms. So far every test that has been run comes back inconclusive. I am wondering if anybody else out there is experiencing any of this.
Same here. I get them all over my body. Mostly on the arms, thighs & even my neck and cheeks. I do worry about them alot, but my question is do you ever feel them on your neck & cheeks to? I dont want to feel like the only one getting & noticing because if so then there must be a problem. I tell my mom about it all the time she says it's normal. Its apart of me growing up as a teen but I dont know.
There also noticable right? Like you can actually see them and feel them with your hand just by touching the spot where the pumping is located.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Same here of everything you just said.
Get a test for Lyme disease and other tick born bacteria in particular Bartonella and Babiosis. They can cause heart problems, damage to brain, and other subtle nerve damage. It can mimic, MS, Parkinson's, ALs, and cause Alzheimers. It's an epidemic that isn't talked about because there are very few tests for the 120 different types of these dieases. Make sure use use Specialty Laboratory or Stoney Brook. Quest isn't reliable.
You do not have to have a rash or fever to have Lyme - that occurs only in about 20% of the cases.
I have had similar symptoms for over 30 years drs won't test me for lime disease (unlikely but possible); I find temazepam (2.5mg) and cetrizine help.
interestingly I could lie in bed thinking happy thoughts then i feel my heartbeat then depression. This convinced me that the latter was not causing the 'palpitation'
well if you've had the issue for 30 years, then at least i feel better about this being something horrible like MS or Parkinsons.  

I've started getting these symptoms recently, but only very recently and I've been thinking its anxiety.  I started taking magnesium supplements and it helped.   I still feel the pulsating through the body in the morning which leads me to get anxieties enough to google up possible things (hence i'm on this site which is proof that i was panicked enough to look it up). So right now, it mostly mornings.  I used to get some of those at night but lately they've stopped.  I think it's a combination of anxiety along with a mineral deficiency.  I'll keep monitoring this for possible solutions.
I have all the symptoms that most of you are having.  Heart beating fast, noticing your pulse next to your neck, belly, legs.... Though I have to admit it.  It is all in our heads.  It is not that you don't feel it physically.  No, we feel it.  But rather a creation that starts in our brain and sends signals to our body.  Our minds are very powerful. Our minds can break or make us.  Unless you were born with some congenital heart problems or live a very unhealthy lifestyle, there is no need to worry.  I made the mistake of convincing my mind that I had some kind of heart problem and boy do I regret it.  There was never anything wrong with my heart.  Now I'm dealing with anxiety and sleep problems that I created in the first place.  I'm posting because I'm an enemy of diseases.  I hate people suffering and I can relate to all of your symptoms.  If someone stumbles upon my post because he/she is worried about possible heart problems go to your Dr.  Have them do an elaborate checkup.  Once he clears you forget about your heart and live life.  Thinking about your heart everyday of our lives is not our purpose in this world.  I hope this helps.  I wish everyone health.
Hi... I've been dealing with this as well, I think. Mine usually occurs right when I'm falling asleep. My head feels like it's almost pounding, internally, and then it almost feels like in having internal tremors or vibrations in the back of my head and neck... Is this similar to anyone else??? Thanks...
I feel it the way you describe and mostly at night while trying to sleep.  I can't get past those that's that "maybe" it's something serious.  It's very comforting to see everyones posts - that they have these symptoms too.  
I think that everyone reading and posting on a "HEART Desease Forum" must have some heart-related issues, or think that they might have heart-probs.

This post has been running since 2007!  Impossible to read through everyone of them and it will just get lost between all the others.

I think it is time for a new one :)  anyone want to start it and take it from there?

This is exactly how I feel.  I've been dealing with this for about 4 days now.  I dread trying to go to sleep at night.  It usually takes me about 5-6 hours to fall asleep (I eventually just pass out from exhaustion).  During those hours, I doze off only to be shattered out of a sleep by my pulse again.  Less than a week ago, my father was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, so naturally, my mind goes to the worst possible scenario.  I'm just glad to see that I'm not the only one that feels this way.  
mmiller i like your comment i have tried this as well but its very scary still, i was a perfectly normal person, very active, running everyday miles upon miles every extreme sport,triathalete, marathon runner extremely healthy felt amazing was so happy but i still partied  i ended up getting into stimulants such as MDMA, ecstasy, adderall (adderrall), cocaine etc. etc. you get the picture, ive read everyones post's and im going through the exact same thing now that ive detoxed thoroughly, i believe it is anxiety i as well have gone to the ER and my blood pressure was 201/95 heart rate 109 bpm i had done to much adderall (adderrall) mixed with alchohol and weed. i have no heart problems all my organs were healthy everything was normal I THOUGHT I WAS DYING. i was far from it turns out. its been 8 weeks now and im determined to beat this. i rejected any medication to help these symptoms but im sure as hell dealing with everything, im almost positive its anxiety you'd be surprised what your brain does. some people have it naturally i have horribly acquired it. the ****** vision. the pounding heart wether slow or fast. public is absolutely terrible. cold feet. bad cirulation i even had sleep paralysis for a week after which is deathly feeling. drinking alchohol causes panic attacks the morning/ day after and cold sweats. i took about 4 MONTHS of recreational usage weekend warrior for this happen. beside the facts of m drug use the after affects are EVERY SINGLE symptom your all explaining, aspirin before bed helps the sleep, vitamins have somewhat helped but i know its going to take a couple more months for me to defeat this. our bodys are very strong things they will fix themselves. but in the mean time I  feel each and every feeling your all feeling hopefully it is permanent i do suggest go to the doctors becuase if u do have hereditary diseases make sure it isnt any of that. its hard to believe but MMiller- explain how you play with it? ive tried this many times its very hard to harness you have to be mentally strong as ****. please explain what you do im very interested thought i was the only one  
I have this issue too, especially when I gain weight and stop working out... io can feel my pulse all over, especially at night, very thick "thumping"... especially in ankles, legs, neck, stomach.

If I start losing weight and running a few miles a day, it goes away.

Another thing that completely eradicated it (and made me breathe alot easier), was a drug for a potassium imbalance i have, its called Diamox (generic name is acetazalomide)... changes the pH balance of your blood, delivers more oxygen to the blood, thins your blood, as makes you pee alot, but cleans out alot of junk from your system.

After a few days of taking this stuff, the thick and heavy non-painful pulsing through my body stopped (as well as these terrible pulasting migraines, apnea, etc)

Ask your doctor about it, stuff has genreics and it's cheap for a prescription, only a few bucks with insurance. Works wonders for curing the heavy pulse your all talking about.
I have had the same problem my doc says its a anxiety attack i just dont know i take zoloff it seems to help sometimes i just dont know if what it is
not to be rude or anything but i am also 22 years old when i start moving around iget a head ache and am able to hear my own heart beat im scared of my mind i dont smoke but i wigh 289 has smoking etc helped u ?
Are u hydrated? Are you on any meds? Have you ruled out a rotation diet for food allergies? Did u have a high sodium meal the night before?
Can you say what some of the food allergies were.  Like examples of what type of foods would do this?
This sounds so typical to anxiety. Especially when you say the bit about driving. Cant control anxiety and the doctors cannot diagnos it either. which would make sense as to why you cant put youre fingure on it. I have had all the same symptoms as you and did not take the meds just as you refused to. But i did learn how to deal with my anxiety after loosing nearly 90 lbs. Drink a beer and relax, i was so busy worrying i forgot to enjoy life.

good luck
I have had the same thing for a few months now, the visible heart beats in the belly, neck etc. I am only 16 and had a very active lyfestyle until recently, as i stopped playing football and cricket for my teams at the weekend. I also no longer do PE in school because i chose other subjects at a level. I also have a slight issue where my heartbeat/rate is increased by only doing small activities. It may all be in my head, im really not sure and I am hoping to find some answers soon. I have not told my doctor yet as im not sure if it is necessary as it may just be normal.
James, Did you have a piece of heart examined or did your cardiologist just put you on antibiotics? If antibiotics, which one(s)?
3 months ago, I noticed a pulsation in my calves while taking the HCG drops.  It went on to cause extreme leg cramps in my calves, ankles and shins.  I got off the drops, 2 months later, the pulsations continued in my left calf then both calves.  They don't beat to my heart but are multiple popping, twitching of pulsations. I had a series of blood test that I been told rule out the scary stuff (ALS, Huntingtons, Parkinsons and MS) They thought I had a vitamin deficiency so I started taking a multi vitamin. It helped.  My caves are twitching about 50% less, but now the twitches are traveling to my inner thighs, stomach, back, breast, shoulder, face.  The calves remain contant, but the other places have been a one time thing so far. Had an EKG, came out normal.  Like all of you, I have been freaking out that I have something terribly wrong with me.  A lot of people are reporting Anxiety.  I feel the same way as most of you.  I'm fine.  I feel fine, I'm not anxious, but I can't over look that I have a recent bout with anxiety (back in december) I became very anxious do to changes with my job that lead me to believe my position would be eliminated. I really stressed out about it because my husband was already out of a job.  I needed Xanax to help me get out from under the constant feeling I was about to appear on live TV. I feel I am beyond this and excited about my future and off the meds.  My husband is employed now and I feel things are back to normal, but all these symptoms started when I stressed out.  Maybe my head is in the right place, but my body is manifesting my true underlying feelings of fear? I will continue to search for a cause.  It feels to serious to just say, "OK, it anxiety." For those who haven't done a lot of research, you could be suffering from Hypothyroidism.  There's a thing called facitullations (not sure of the spellling.  My computer is closing down) this is very benign and a lot of people have it.  Good luck to all of you and please post your tests and updates or diagnosis'.
Maya752, Thanks for all your details.  My symptoms mirror yours.  My husband said if it was my gallbladder, my urinalysis and other blood work would have caught it.  Because of your details about your testing, I feel I can't rule out my gallbladder.  I have to say, over many years, I have had a reoccuring pain in my right side.  It seems to pop up when I go on a low carb diet.  I will get the HIDA scan you recommend. Just within the last couple of days, I have experienced the aura, dizziness, pain in my neck.  It also made my jaw feel achy.  Putting all the symptoms together, it mirrored many of the heart attack symptoms, so I went to the ER.  EFG was normal, so I left.  The saliva hormone test sounds like the way to go.  I will request this from my doctors as my next step.  I know my adrenal glands are probably shot.  At age 12 I was diagnosed with asthma and had 9 environmental allergies.  As an adult, I would get sinus infections and my colds last longer than most people.  I will check that as well. Please repost if you are symptom free after your gallbladder surgery.  Thanks.
Since most of these blogs have a common denominator of drs thinking it is anxiety, would you say at age 16 you have stress and/or anxiety?
Wow! It happens to me too!  I'm laying in bed right now and I feel my legs and arms pulsating so I decided to google it to see if I could find an answer ..  Nothing yet but good to know I'm not alone! I too have sore achy joints and family has a history of hbp.. Last I checked, I was in the prehypertension stage .. And like ak777 I too am tired all the time
Im so glad everyone else has got this too. seriously started to think im a severe hypochondriac- with psychosis actually seeing my veins stand up and so on. mine started last year when prozac dose upped. Im going back down and eventually quitting today! also I decreased my exercise at the same time so getting back to the track another move
Same symtoms (symptoms) as yours.... figured out what it is yet? Taking any medications that might have caused it? Any news at all..??
There are several arteries throughout your body. One, the inferior vena cava, is large and runs on the side of your abdomen. Sometimes this artery pulses and it is felt. This is completely normal and not worth worrying about.
I'm 27 years old and have suffered from asthma for 25 years now.  I'm starting to think the asthma medications can cause all these symptoms.  I saw an internest once that claimed simply being asthmatic can cause leg pain and a faster heart beat.  The gallbladder issues aren't always detected in blood and urine work.  May of last year I woke up with a terrible pain in the upper right abdoment quadrant which radiated to my right arm and shoulder.  The liver enzymes at that point were very high.  But March of last year I had a physical and everything was fine.  I got an ultrasound of the gallbladder done and it showed multiple gallstones and a huge one.  That June my gallbladder was removed.  The surgeon said the big gallstone was so big he truly believed I had it for years.  It was about the size of a quarter.  So if you suspect of gallbladder disease, request an ultrasound.  I was ok since surgery until now.  Starting in Feb I would break out in hives, have shortness of breat, leg cramps and for the past two weeks I've noticed I feel my heartbeat in my whole body.  But I've been using the proair inhaler more often and have been taking allergy meds.  I don't know what's causing it but I think it has to do with proair and the allergy meds.
I woke up today feeling like I just ran a mile my heart was beating so fast but my pulse was fine. I feel like every part of my body is shaking also that it swollen. That all just started today but lately I can't sleep so I been really tired. Can anyone help me!
Rapid heart beat can be due to lack of sleep, anxiety and dehydration.  IT can also be due to vitamin deficiencies such as b12.  Have chamomile tea at bedtime.  You can also try cod fish oil capsules and melantonin supplements.  Also check with your doctor.

I can feel my pulse all over my body, too. Specially in the back of my head (laid on pillow), and my stomach.

I'm a Floxie (one who had adverse reaction to fluoroquinolones).
These antibiotics (fluoroquinolones) damage their victims' bodies mainly through inflammation caused by their adenosine receptor antagonistic effect (Coffee has a similar effect). Inflammation leads to vasculitis and vasculitis could cause arthirits and nerve damage.

It was a surprise for me that many people in this list has neuropathy, joint and circulatory problems, at the same time. Two persons also have noticed that cutting coffee have helped them. And one guy has stated that his nasal spray (anti-inflammatory) attenuated his symptoms. I think chronic inflammation could be the main cause of your problems.

There is an old adenosine agonist anti-inflammatory drug named sulfasalazine in the market and there are many new kind of adenosine agonists developed mainly for treatment of Parkinson. I think these drugs could help a lot.

Best Wishes
I just went for a walk and I looked into this when I felt my legs pulsating.  I never felt like this was abnormal....just figured my veins are closer to the surface of my skin/thin skin.  I do know I have anxiety issues, but I don't even notice  my pulse when I'm having anxiety. Its generally when body/mind are relaxed...I also have mid month pain (female)...so maybe I'm just more in tune with body...I just know I've felt my pulse throughout my body for years and I've always thought it was pretty cool...
hay people

shame yo i get how u feeling ! look mine is stress related i only had the sympyoms during matric exams and after seeing a friend have an eppalepsy fit , and having a non-eppilepsy fit myself. i have a great docter that is a close family friend and he was worried by the symptoms , honestly its because you have developed anxiety , that you dont believe you have it . i agree with the person who said take control.

i used to start falling asleep and them my arms would get tingly and i would get that feeling like when you are going to fall. most probably the most horriblr feeling ever !!!! i was convinced i was eppileptic. but then i decided oneday to not fight it and see if i was going to have a fit , and i never did, infact it went away and i havent had it since. i still get the slow body rocking feeling which is rather odd but i think its your body telling you that you need to rest.

dont fight your body people , listen to it. a pounding heart, its your nerves you have to much on your mind that you have been trying to ignore the whole day , and when u lie in bed at night it all culminates and there is no way of ignoring it ! so you panick , then you get confused because you dont feel stressed os like your panicking , so you get anxiuos about that wierd feeling ! its a vicious cycle, and it ***** but take control you are fine you are healthy (most of you). jus listen to your body and try and figure out whats going on !

doctors have discovered and understood something as complex as aids and alzeimers , this little thing we have, they have figured it out its anxiety accept it and deal with it!!!! i dont like meds so i dont take calming crap ! but have a nice warm bath put in a sprig of lavender and a roibos tea bag (not to hot or your heart "pulpitations" will feel worse because of increased blodd flow, jus nice and warm). get into bed and as funny as it sound think happy thoughts. if your symptoms come back face them head on play with them and defeat them !! you sure as hell can.

PS the brain is increadibly powerful, its hard to defeat an idea that has found a solid spot in your brain. thats what anxiety is , its jus blows everything out of preportion .... take a step back , say your name remind your self of the great person you are and with one deep breath continue forward ....

hope i helped!!! i struggled for ages!! i thought i was crazy until i got agrip of myself !!

i mean not worried
Get your blood pressure checked, the same was happening to me. Turns out I have hypertension and that was my body's warning that my heart was working to hard. And my kidneys were too. And everything else!  So, get your bp checked, see a heart doctor. Don't assume its normal or psychological.
have you been to the doctor lately or have you found a solution to your problem because i feel something similar for the past 3 years
this all started last year, in octoberish when i was getting vibration like sensations in my things, im 19 and i just lost 120 ILBS, then in Late January i started getting this left arm Muscle Jerk/Twitch thing, then the heart palpitations came through, went to the emergency room, they said it was anxiety, so i went to Doc ( this is all while im in college, far away from  home) and the i ask the doc abt the twitch, he said it was a jerk and i had nothing to worry about, it was from like anxiety and it would go away, but i told him i was losing track of thought in convo sometimes, so i go to a neurologist and such when i get home, i started Blurting stuff like MS, AND ALS, and he kinda starts laughing, says that the twitching is Benign and i thought he would give me a EKG or EEG what ever they call it, so then more and more twitches come, then turns out im Iron deficient, so i start taking iron pills and those Gummy vitamins and not caring and alot of stuff goes away, but i run out of gummies and i started noticing i can hear and feel my pulse over my ear, and then i notice it in the back of my head, and first i thought these were twitches but they were not they were just pulses, but it was causing me to shake at night and sometimes when i sit down, like i had parkinson's or something, and when i exercise, my veins on the sides of my head like swell up, i do pushups every day,  and i usually run a mile a 3 or 4 times a week, no problem with weakness, but i do have high blood pressure, take the Med erre day, after several heart test, Doc said my heart was fine and i recently pasted out back in April, and when they took my pressure it was low like 100/50, i dont eat much, the less you eat the longer you live,  but i can feel my pulse, on my foot, in my fingers, neck, sometimes in my stomach, above my ear and in the front of my temple sometimes, **** freaking me out
It is caused by the sun. The human species is evolving, as is the entire planet and solar system are. We are moving into a new 26,000 year cycle. Look up and read about DNA upgrade and ascension. The heart palpitations you are feeling is your chakra system opening up. This began to start happening in 2003.
I love your response I believe you hit the nail right in the head.  It is so strange as I read your post my palpitations stopped.  Yes the mind is so powerful.  I also went to the doctor and he told me nothing was wrong with me.  I believed him because he also told me that I do feel this but that I am fine. It calmed me but also made me think what the doctor was trying to tell me.  He was telling me that it was  all in my head.  And my symptoms went away.  But now with this darn heat in Texas I started feeling the symptoms again.  And as I read your post I realized that it was my mind all over again.  And yes I believe it is also the stress I just started a new job and have three different businesses at the same time.  So thank you so much for your post.
Why does this have to be a symptom of anything? Just because something is different, it does not necessarily mean that something is wrong. If your dr has said that it is nothing, why worry?? If it doesn't hurt and doesn't stop you from carrying on with your day, why not just accept that it is how your body works.
did you find out whats wrong with you?
I've been having medical problems for a year now.  It started one day where i felt dizzy (lightheaded).  At first I didn't think anything of it, but after a week of feeling dizzy I realized something was wrong.  My symptoms at first were just feeling lightheaded, as well as feeling very weak or fatigued.  

Over the course of a year I've developed a very forceful heartbeat that can be felt throughout my entire upper body when lying down (most prominently in my abdomen, my neck and the side of my head).  When sitting I can feel it in my abdomen.  In addition to that my hands are always red, with my right hand being more red than the left.  Sometimes my right hand is so red it looks like it has been sunburned, but it's just because it's filled with blood.  I also have been experiencing a feeling of tightness in my chest, like something is pressing on my diaphragm.  I don't always have that feeling of tightness, but when I do it is very bothersome (I try to ignore it, but it's hard to ignore that sort of feeling, because your body is basically sending a message that something is very wrong).  

It's definitely not anxiety or "all in my head".  People need to stop posting that sort of BS.  I'm sure some people have these symptoms due to anxiety, but with me, and I assume many others, it is a physical feeling.  The feeling of my pulse is so forceful that when I lie down I can't help but feel it.  I'm not "trying" to feel it, it's simply impossible not to feel.  

All of my symptoms are definitely related somehow as they occurred together and have been slowly getting worse.  Like others my heart has been checked out and it seems that everything is fine with it (although I don't have the utmost confidence in the the Cardiologist I saw, since he seemed to be in a hurry, didn't seem to listen to what I was telling him, and seemed annoyed when I asked him questions).  

For 30 years of my life this never happened, so there's definitely something wrong.  
I have had similar symptoms (feeling heartbeat in my neck and abdomen) for about 2 years. My symptoms started when I was prescribed a 3 week course of antibiotics Cipro+Metrinodazole, 2 year ago. I suffer from another annoying symptom, tinnitus (ringing in ear).

My EEG is abnormal (Paroxysmal Cerebral Dysrhythmia). I think it's just some kind of mild brain injury, There is nothing wrong with my heartbeat or ear. Symptoms like tinnitus and feeling heartbeat are just interference of brain's electrical noise with my hearing pulses and heartbeat pulses. I cannot stop my heart  or close my ears, so I cannot stop feeling tinnitus and my heartbeat. I suggest you a QEEG for thorough diagnosis, in order to spot damaged area of your brain.

Anyway, my symptoms are getting better little by little. I've heard that mild epilepsy will get better over time. So, try to keep away from poisons like antibiotics, fluoride (in some countries water), mercury (dental amalgams) and time will heal you.
As I said in my last post, you should find the poison, which is killing you softly. Statins (cholestrole lowering agents), and mercury (as adjuvant in some vaccines like Influenza Vaccine) are the other suspects.
Hi all,
I've been having the same kinds of symptoms you all have and am going to my family doctor and a neurologist next week. I was in the ER this morning because again it woke me up 3 times, this pounding pulse in my arms, hands and face and chest. On the ride there, my thighs were bounding with a pulse. My EKG was normal which it always is, but my blood pressure was about 25 points higher than usual for me.  Of course, being in the ER can add some points to that anyway.  I guess it could be anxiety but need to know for sure.  I figure this can't be good for my heart to have this happen every night.
Im not sure if I have the same as you guys, few days ago i felt a sudden beating on my lower abdomen left side, it wasnt the heart and i was worried,lasted 2days and next 2 was gone than it came back next day. As im writing this i havent felt.it yet today and hope to not to. Also it was causing me stomach pain, gas accumulated. I made some research and apparently it seems is due to tight back muscles, because they press into the nerves and send a beating to your body, in my case my abdomen. So the best to do I was told was to free up those muscles.

To do so, do while sitting on a chair:
Place your left hand on your left leg next to you body, your right hand over your shoulder, fingers on.back and palm on front, hold and press firmily down about 30s than lean slowly to the outside of your left leg than wait 10s there and stop doing pressure and remain in position 30s. Than do same for other side, for best results do it while relaxed  take a deep breath and remain like this.

Ive been doing it about 2days so far, this problem started about 6days ago and i been feeling better. I think its cause i spend lot of time at computer in odd positions so I been stretching my neck aswell too. Just look.on youtube how to, hope this helps you if you feel like me. I hate diseases.
I find it very bizarre I'll be sitting Indian style and realize I'm rocking slightly to my heart beat. I thought it was psychological but recently have been told it might be called stimming and that is not always psychological. Does any one have any advice or answers?
OK - I am reading all of these from the past couple of years and NO, it is NOT in your head!!!!  I am so tired of people saying it is anxiety.  I have a lot of health problems, but the throbbing in my hands, arms, legs, gut, even see my pulse in my eyeball comes with pain.  I lay down or even just look at my shirt and my heart is beating fast.  I quit smoking, thinking that is what was doing it but that is NOT the case, in fact, it seems worse.  I am on drugs to slow the heart down, I do have high blood pressure, but it runs extremely slow on my meds. I am so sick of not getting any answers.  I do know I have neuropathy, not sure if that is why it happens.  I am so tired of pain - if anyoe has any suggestions, let me know - but I can tell you it is NOT anxety!  My heart rate usually runs in the uper 90's to 120.  I thought that would chill if I quit smoking, no that has not either!
I know a short term cure:
set your watch for 5 mins countdown.
Sit up, close eyes, Breathe deep through only your nose until your stomach expands and chest aches, then let it out through your mouth.
repeat until alarm goes off.
Thus, more oxygen gets to your bladder and bloodstream and rids you of the adrenalin or whatever is causing what you have, the name of which people, is 'anxiety'
Do whatever it takes in your personal and professional lives to reduce how out of control you feel about situations and you will be anxious less often.
I too share your hypothesis on these symptoms being related to adverse fluoroquinolone reactions.  I too was floxed two years ago and my symptoms started shortly thereafter.  The earliest signs that I had was aching ankles and wrists after only 1 or 2 doses of cipro at 500mg.  Since then the list of symptoms is disheartening.  However they are ever evolving and with persistence I believe they can be resolved despite the overwhelming feeling of hopelessness.  A few things I've learned may help you or others on their path to recovery.  (1) Make sure you do not have a metal/mineral imbalance which may exasperate your symptoms.  This is likely a contributing factor as to why some people never experience or experience delayed (6 months) adverse effects on quinolones and others do not.  I personally learned that I had extremely low copper, low magnesium and low sulfer, coupled with high arsenic, aluminum, lead, cadmium and tin.  A hair analysis is a valid test for most metals.  Just make sure you have a professional go over the results with you because readings are not always straight forward.  For example, low copper on my test could also be caused by bio-unavailable copper.  Taking copper supplements with bio-unavailability could make you much sicker.  The ratio's between certain minerals must be taken into account to get an accurate interpretation of the results.  (2) According to Pub-Med, there are a few things about Quinolones that are absolutely horrible.  Being fluoride based is one, and the neuro-toxic effects of fluoroquinolones being potentiated upwards up to ~33,000 times when mixed with any kind of NSAIDS is another.  Studies have shown that FQ's tend to bind GABA receptors as well as damage the CNS.  I do not believe this is a life-long debilitation.  The human body is amazingly resilient and with the right direction a 99% or complete recovery is possible.  Studies show that it might take upwards of 1-5 years depending on the severity of reaction but positive thinking and guided supplementation will no doubt shorten the time.  (3)Magnesium is neuro-protective and vital in thwarting the damage by FQ's.  (4)Food and supplements that increase Methylation, Sulfation, and displacement of fluoride by other members of the halogen family (iodine) have seemingly played a role in my recovery. (5)B Vitamins seem to act as a catalyst for all the processes required for recovery but taking effective forms of B vitamins (Biotics Research Bio-3b-G, or Benfotiamine) is vital.  Taking B vitamins seems to jumpstart processes that are dependent on other nutrients, lacking those other nutrients have made me feel worse, these are sometimes referred to as metabolic blocks.  It is a learning process.  

As with everything, easing into a solution is better than jumping head first.  The first time I took B vitamins I thought my heart was going to explode because I was so deficient they gave me a flush.  Iodine can make people with thyroid conditions feel worse.  It seemed to help my energy level once the initial confusion it caused dissipated.

I too feel miserable when the heart pounding starts.  As far as I can tell, it gets worse when I lay on my left side.  My doctor said I don't have Mitral-Valve prolapse but or a hiatal hernia.  They said I had sludge in my gallbladder which I believe was likely due to my low copper.  My pulsating heart sometimes makes my eyes move while I'm laying down.  Sometimes I feel it when I sit forward.  Things that seem to help it: Magnesium Supplements, avoiding Gluten, Apple Cider Vinegar Pills after a meal once or twice a week.  While Anxiety is always a contributing factor, people that have never experienced these symptoms should not automatically attribute them to anxiety.  If we wanted that kind of worthless diagnosis we could pay our top dollar PCP's for it and get some poisonous benzo's for it ;)  If anybody has success in making their pulsating torso/heartbeat symptoms go away please contribute. Thank you to the few of you with valid info.
Thanks for sharing. Having so many docs say "you are fine" to me already let my mind realize that I am fine. I think I am in the tweaked state still, and trying to come down from there. Its difficult, since the body (run by our basic instincts) takes so long to change.

That makes you realize how long it took to actually bring you to this state. I think its one of the reasons why it seems like it came "out of the blue" for so many of us. It didn't, it was slowly getting stronger until it jumped from the back of our minds to front and then became our entire lives. The best way out is through, and realizing that you mind IS in fact stronger than your body. Your mind got you were you are by not dealing with the issue until it was too late. Then suddenly anything that was even remotely 'off' with you has become the "this is it!!!!" moment. Which makes it all worse since anxiety is a form of OCD. We wallow in our misery, and marinate our bodies in stress hormones which the exacerbates the problem, sending you in the vicious cycle and bring up new "and better" symptoms.

Now, your mind can pull you back to healthy side, but it takes work. Actually listen to your body instead of reacting when it tells you something. If all the docs say "you are fine" listen. I know, you know 'deep down' that there is something wrong. Is it really? How long have you been like this? How many times did the day arrive when you though "this is the day, I'm not gonna see tomorrow"? So how is life now that you are dead? :) I'm almost 39 and have been having the "Jesus I'm dying!" moments since I was 15. The only thing that truly changed was just more stress, and more to lose, but nothing has really changed, I'm not dead. Well...not yet. ;) Maybe the docs are right. At least about you not dying right now.

I always thought that life was like a roller coaster (and sometimes like a box of chocolates), if you hold on too tight and don't relax, you won't have any fun. Let go. Don't worry about dying, because its going to happen anyway eventually, do you want to spend the rest of your life holding on too tight, or letting go and having fun? No one wants to die, but being anxious about dying is killing us, slowly. Revel in the fact that you are alive, the sun DOES shine, there ARE people who love you and care about you and really can't bear to see you like this. Even here on this board, we care, we have been there, we 'know'. Be kind to yourself, speak to yourself kindly, even in the midst of your frustration. Frame everything as something positive to focus on the good things. Even when your heart beats so you can feel it everywhere. Its not *beat* 'one less' but *beat* 'you are still alive'.
My last post was almost 2 years ago and I continue to have the feelings of "motions' in my feet and legs as well as being totally aware of the beating of my heart all over by body.  I do not have any feelings that I am going to die of these symptoms but they are very tiring and annoying.  I have seen a neurologist who says the movement I feel in my feet and legs is caused by diabetic neuropathy.  The nerves are damaged and  the signals received by the brain are garbled and thus the "feelings of motion" which have now become slightly visible to others, just not to the extent that I "feel" them.  So...I guess some folks here are kinda right when they say it's in our head.  Actually, according to my neurologist,  it is a miscommunication between the nerves in my feet and legs  and my brain.
I became conscious of this condition Saturday the 22nd, had intense workout Friday.
Everything you all say is true and this can control your life and mind.

Advil helped relieve it but in me, it causes stomach sensitivities.
Xanax given to me by a friend really helped-maybe is anxiety?

Consulted Internet neurologist who believes this is over- exertion from exercise. Did not ask me questions or further me to be tested.

Has anyone tried a steroid based anti inflammatory? Wondering if it will work.

Listen up everyone.   I share all the same symptoms and have lived with them for years.   Guess what, it is anxiety and psychological!   But the physical things we all feel are REAL. They aren't just in our heads.   Anxiety and nervousness cause your heart to beat a little bit harder.   But the bottom line is that we have all freaked out about our hearts and bodies so much that we become aware of every little thing now.   Normal people's hearts cause their bodies to shake also but they just don't think about it and ignore it. But if they sat there are started paying attention to every beat and noticed every time something felt funny with their body, they would join our club.  We all have a fear of death and that something is wrong but we are all fine.  Once you start to think about these things, every little thing becomes a big deal but it really isn't.  You are all fine.  Trust me.  I still struggle with this like the rest of you but I have learned to ignore these things and tell myself I am healthy and it's slowly getting better. Do the same and you will feel better too, but it takes several years....
Thanks for answering.
It really helps.
I think I do have a deep anxiety condition and it manifests in health concerns.

Is there no medical relief for this symptom you think?

My pulsating has begun subsiding after the gifted Xanax and now it seems more wavelike instead of constant, (all day, night everywhere). Now it is like a wave sporadic in different sections of my body but still consistent.

I did have a horrendous work stress week beginning the day I started pulsating.

It is good to know I can share
Have a good evening

I don't think there is a good medicine for this.  I have tried a few anxiety pills and they don't really work for me.  (Xanex, Klonopin)  All of them relax the body but there is no pill to make you stop thinking about your problems or stop thinking about your heart pounding.   Those pills actually made me worse because they made me feel funny so I always felt like something was wrong and that just increased my anxiety.   You just have to keep telling yourself that you are ok and try to focus on other things.   I find that keeping busy and distracting myself keeps my mind off of it.
Have you seen a nutritionist? I was having similar issues and also had hand and leg tremors along with loss of energy, stiffness, body weakness. I was being referred to a neurologist because it looked like MS or Parkinson's, but I am only 30 so it was puzzling to the doctors. I have been seeing a nutritionist for about 2 1/2 years now, so I saw my Dr. there and she checked me and my symptoms and come to find out your thyroid has alot to do with how you feel and how your other systems like nervous and circulatory systems work. I also had another underlining issue with my blood sugar which was stemming from my pancreas which affected my pituitary gland. I would recommend seeing a wholistic dr./nutritionist as they know much more on how the body works and can help figure out what is going on. They also give natural supplements which are better for you than the prescribed medications that traditional doctors prescribe. Those over time actually only add to lingering and more health problems.
have you been tested for aneamea? (low blood count)
I know exactly what you are saying, no Doctors listen unless it is oozing blood or an obvious simple case that can be treated with a pill.Ask them to listen to you and think laterally just doesnt happen. I have the same problem as you and they make you feel like a hypocondriac, but in reality this problem makes you so physically tied dealing with it all the time, no one can understand unless they have experienced it.
Jenny
i have to tell u guys ive felt all the same things you guys have and was told it was anxiety i was then given xanax to take twice a day and i hate to say it but it helps .......so i belivie this is anxiety the mind is very strong not even doctors fully understand what the mind is capable of doing!! i know its not what you want to hear but the only thing that worked for me was med and phys help....and ive had every test you could think of spent days in the hospital went to spend 4 days at the mayo clinc and everything was normal! so just be happy nothing is wrong and seek the help u need i refused to think it was anxiety for years but now have come to the reality it is and i thank god thats all it is
you have not felt what we are talking about here .... and there is a reason why you cant comprehend what this is... I do agree you have no medical background at all u may have an intellectual personality ( AKA trying to figure out everything with logic ) but you do not have the logic to think ...HMMM ....Maybe just because you cant comprehend what WE are going threw does not give you any incite to experience this issue your self ...................I am 23 and for the first 21 years of my life i have never experienced this at all but this last 2 years i have been annoyed with this problem it feels like high blood pressure all over my body with a pulsating thud that feels like my heart beat. I am very tired through my days. I have Scheuermann Kyphosis witch was diagnosed 1 year ago, I have 4 verbal compression fractures in my spine that wont heal also my disks are about the size of pennies very thin. I also suffer from anxiety and insomnia maybe someone out there can put the pieces of this puzzle together any legit conclusions would be very appreciated                                                                                                                                        -----------------------MAB386----------------------
I also suffer from Costochondritis ( Inflammation in the cartilage of my chest plate ) that some days feel like a broken bone, other days it feels like a heart attack.......And apparently i have enough Radiation in my body to make Dr.s run the second they read my chart......I received the Radiation from all the X-rays, CT-scans and MRI's that my body was shoved threw when the Dr.s could not find out why my spine was deteriorating for no apparent reason.
Look up highly sensitive people.
Hi All,
Last year, I too had a feeling of pulse all over my body. Specially in night I use to feel it around belly, Thighs, ear temples and back bone area. I also use to feel pressure in my head, it use to be so heavier that I sometimes use to feel if my ears, temple are going to burst out. thise started from somewhere mid april and continued till last december. after couple of visit to (GP)physician and various test when we had full blood test, we realise that I had acute deficiency of Vit D (anything lower than 25 is low and mine was 7). GP recommended me high dose of Vit D capsules for 10 weeks. I must admit I am feeling better day by day and now this pulse feeling through out bode has gone now.
I have just noticed thisin myself and I have been very fatigued as of late. I wasn't feeling that great so i took a bath and fell asleep for about 15 minutes. I came out sat on the couch and told my son, "that's weird...i can feel my pulse
all over my body, wonder what that is. He said, I don't know what it is but ut doesn't sound good...so this is where I ended up. I'm thinking it may have to do with a vitamin deficiency.  May be something to look into.
Hello fellow sufferes of this weird condition.

I have been feeling this kind of sympton since july 2010, heart beating all over the body especially fingertips and belly, I should mention that I'm a 23 years old male and run at least 7 miles on alternating days and walk at least 5 miles around my campus every day for classes and thus I have a very healthy physical shape, I also have visited a bunch of doctors...

Cardiologists who have tested me for everything related and came to the conclusion that my heart is in perfect health and I'm as strong as a bull, neurologists that tested my nerve conduction and response time (Whatever its called, sorry english is not my main language)  and said that I had catlike reflexes and everything was in order... As well as endrocrinologists and tested my blood for abnormalities and realized that it was all well and in order.

And so, they keep telling me its anxiety and every now and then I get a prescription for some drug that doesnt help at all, I suppose it's probably anxiety, it should be... Nothing else is wrong, whatever it is, it bothers me and I have to carry on since no one can figure out... I'll just give  a report of things that seem to be related with this problem to give solace to others who feel the same way but can't find a cure to it...

Honestly, I'm not worried, I know its alright, but its so DAMN ANNOYING! Haha.

So here are other related symptoms that seems to be related to these palpitations, and also habits that seem to heighten the perception or intensity of the palpitation (  I guess thats the dilema, heightened perception or beating intensity? ), so here it goes.

-Constipation and Dry Feces.
-Higher consumption of artificial sweetener and foods that contain it.
-Consumption of Alcohool.
-Quick weight loss.
-Sporadic fatigue
-Difficulties to start peeing.

So, I just carry on like a good soldier, but its ******* weird when I cuddle with a girl and she can feel myself pulsating, or when handshake, and people can feel my hand beating... So I'm also only interacting with people suffering from anxiety ? Screw you all, theres something wrong besides anxiety here!

Hope you all get better, this is very annoying! :D
I just lost my job and health insurance but I've seen many doctors in the past 2 years and none have any answers for me. I'm 32 years old and am relatively healthy. I have low-normal blood pressure.  My resting heart rate is in the high 40's - mid 50's. I work out regularly and eat well. I have minor sinus/respiratory issues but besides that I'm healthy. But I feel like crap all the time. I'm not sleeping well (I have a beautiful baby boy - 8 months old) I feel this pulsating feeling throughout my whole body when I sit/lay still. I don't sleep long and I wake up with both arms fully numb. If I jump up and down with my arms overhead I get the weirdest feeling in my wrists (I can't even explain it and have never brought it up to a doctor) I doesn't hurt but kinda feels like something is jiggling up and down in my wrists. I have begun to learn to just deal with all these weird occurrences. I' not sure if it's all psychological but I see many people in this post are feeling the same way. I just need to vent and would be happy to hear anyone's story or advise
Dude,

This sounds like anxiety, I know you don't think it is mental, but i have the same thing, I am currently searching the internet trying to get a wider range of information.

It sounds like you have taken all the right steps, i got diagnosed with anxiety, and i have refused to take any medications.

I have given up alcohol, caffiene and have increased my gym visits, i plan on getting regular messages also...

The best thing to do is talk to your mates, this helps alot, espically when your having an episode. When i am at work, i still find it hard to concetrate, but only when i am given the oppurtunity.

You will notice that it is always on your mind, and if it was more serious, then anxiety, your symptoms would have gotten worse after a few months.

Most people have these for years..

I suffer from insomnia also, and this makes in ten times worse, but ONE good nights sleep, and i feel 100% better the next day.

Also, change your lifestyle, do different things on the weekend, take up a new hobbie, organise some BBQ's that you host, Do something extreme like bungie jumping to test your boundries.

It gets better, as long as you want it too.
i too! ears, nose, nails, fingers,  legs, Pam, ...................... most horrifying in my BRAIN all over brain. but i enjoy it, its an awsm exprnce . it happens to me only when i want it!! :)
Hi everyone. Thanks so much for all the comments. I too have had the exact same thing for the past 11 years. I have constant pulsing and throbbing all over my body. It is especially bad in my head and heart, it feels like I'm having a heart attack or seizure. I've had all the tests done as well, from an EEG, CT, MRI, blood work, Thyroid tests, etc. The doctors keep saying it's just anxiety, as many of you have stated. I'm really not sure what this could be. I'm wondering if it could be an enlarged heart, my GP said to get an ultrasound of the heart. Has anyone tried that?
Here but i'm 13 years of age and i'm kind of worried.Diabetes runs in my family and I can feel my pulse all over my body I tried this with my brother and he does not have this:(.I'm kind of scared because I don't want anything wrong with me.I get tingling around my body all the time I get pains in my legs I sweat out of nowhere I sit down alot!.I'm not fat or obese if your wondering i'm 7 stone but still that's not the point I just want to know what's going on:(.Could you help me?.
Cool! What a bunch of theories!

The inflammation hypothesis makes the most sense to me (related to the fluoroquinolone comments). I first noticed this when I was struggling with gluten intolerance 7 years ago... all kinds of generic symptoms, plus anxiety related to a vicious poor sleep/coffee cycle and multiple vitamin deficiencies.

But the pulsing in my various parts of my abdomen and thorax was the most painful part - I thought I was constipated or something. Related to the quinolone comment, I was also drinking a ton of coffee at the time too. Definitely get tested for inflammatory disorders, and food intolerances too.

Anxiety control is certainly a good idea for anyone worried about their health, but if inflammation is at the core of this feeling, its a good idea to figure it out. Long-term inflammation is related to all kinds of negative outcomes.
Comforting to know that there are other "head throbbers" out there. I've been suffering for over a year and have a similar story of tests, MRI's, etc and am tired of being prescribed tranquillisers and treated as an aging hypochondriac. One "remedy" that was suggested was by my dentist who prescribed a bite plate to sleep with. I haven't been using it long enough to comment on its efficacy, but reckon it's worth a try. Research "braxism" - teeth grinding and/or jaw clenching - very often unconscious or while sleeping. I'd be interested in hearing any feedback. In the meantime, be strong.
Comforting to know that there are other "head throbbers" out there. I've been suffering for over a year and have a similar story of tests, MRI's, etc and am tired of being prescribed tranquillisers and treated as an aging hypochondriac. One "remedy" that was suggested was by my dentist who prescribed a bite plate to sleep with. I haven't been using it long enough to comment on its efficacy, but reckon it's worth a try. Research "braxism" - teeth grinding and/or jaw clenching - very often unconscious or while sleeping. I'd be ineterested in hearing any feedback. In the meantime, be strong.
I got healed as for throbbing, though I am still suffering from tinnitus. Try to follow a healthy life style and yours might go away, too.

BTW, I suspected that my health problems might have been related to the metals of my mouth (dental fillings and prostheses), so I have replaced all of the visible metals of my mouth (those in contact with my saliva) with ceramic and composite materials.

Mercury in amalgam fillings is conjectured to have negative effect on our body and nickel in most dental prostheses is a gut bacteria booster (specially for H. Pylori). So, if you have extra money, you can try this, too. It may cost you some money, but even if it doesn't heal you, you'll certainly get a nicer smile. ;)
I also started having similar symptoms after vomiting severely. It feels like a tingling sensation that pulses throughout my body. It will race to my toes, go to my fingertips and then hit my head, where I hear a swooshing sound in my ears. When the swooshing occurs, sounds become obtrusively loud. It is very bizarre. I recently stopped taking my prescription anti depressant for anxiety. That could be a possibility for the symptoms. Let's keep this discussion open. This is a problem that needs to be addressed.
I think it's probably normal. I don't "feel" my pulse so much as see it. Sometimes, if I'm wearing a necklace I can see it bobbing up and down on my neck with my pulse. Really embarrassing as people have noticed! Also a couple of times I've noticed myself being rocked back and forth by my pulse. It usually happens when I feel too hot or anxious as far as I'm aware.
i have the same exact things going on...any luck figuring it out?
It has been several years since your post about feeling your pulse in body after bout of vomiting. I have experienced the same thing recently and can find no answers. Did you find anything? Please respond, thanks.
You missed the point. It's not just feeling your pulse it's seeing your pulse. Just sitting down watching TV and your whole body will move with your pulse and cause the couch to move too (no creaking just moving). People have looked at me and see it happening and were freaked out as to why my whole body was moving. And these people where across the room from me it wasn't like they were right beside me.
As an anxiety/panic attack sufferer all these symptoms seem familiar. People often think of their mind and body as separate entities when in fact they are obviously linked (go on just think about it for a minute). Just because an issue is psychological doesn't mean it will not have physical symptoms.

Unfortunately the fear that something is physically wrong with us can often drive the very physical response we are concerned about in the first place, leading to a downward spiral.

Try changing some things in your life that will make you feel more confident about your physical well being, reverse the cycle as it were. Doesn't always work for me, but at least I feel like I am regaining some control and therefore comfort.
    Feeling your own pulse throughout the body is an irregularity, but not from the heart, it may seem like it is the heart at first, but it is actually an irregularity in your nervous system.  first, it is far from lethal, and actually quite normal especially for people who have a very meat heavy diet.  this pulse can feel over powering, and can also alter your inner ear drum making you feel dizzy and nauseous.  the pulse is caused by your nervous system tightening and loosening the muscles in your body in rhythm with your heart beat.  it is normal to have small ticks in your nervous system, but they are never lethal, and actually can help the body get stronger.  if you don't believe me, get a massager that massages the muscles using the nervous system, such as "utopia gear".   place the two massager points on your spinal column and change the mode to the fist going up and down.  put it on the lowest setting, and you should feel the same sensation that you feel in your muscles, on your spine.  :) and when your done, you have a neeto massager to let your friends use, and a way to finally explain your ordeal to them.  
I have been having many of the symptoms that other people have listed here for about five years (I'm a 33 yo male.) Amazing that I haven't found this thread before as I've searched many times.

Like many of you I've been to doctors, cardiologists, even the ER (with panic attacks), and they never find anything wrong.

Over time though I've found some things I can do to improve it, and some things to avoid. After 5+ years of I still haven't found a cure though. My current theory is that it's either related to the nervous system (because of some other symptoms I've had), chronic inflammation, or some sort of mineral or vitamin deficiency. Or possibly some combination of these. Or, if these aren't the root cause, they will at least make the symptoms much worse.

Things that make it WORSE for me:
- alcohol (absolute worst thing for me)
- lack of sleep (second worst offender)
- triggering allergies / intolerance (especially with food)
- caffeine
- sugar and fast carbs
- uneven blood sugar (for example not eating for hours, then eating a big meal)
- heavy exercise (in the short term, like the same/following day)
- being sick / having a fever
- stress and worry definitely contribute

Food intolerances for me include wheat, dairy and cooking oils. Be aware of processed oils in a lot of food as well. Making my own food helps a LOT. Cutting wheat/grains and dairy in particular has had a huge impact on my well being, and is worth trying.

Things that seem to HELP:
- exercise (in the long term), especially cardio
- eating better (especially adding more veggies and greens!)
- magnesium supplements (though eating greens covers this too)
- iron and b12 supplements
- vitamin supplements in general seem to help
- green tea (in moderate amounts)

(Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, this are just my personal observations)
Every night when I am about to sleep a strong pulse wakes me up now I am afraid to go to bed at night this happens only during the night .. not know what to do,, help
Finally a thread like this
A year ago my friend scared me in our college apartment so badly. Dont think it caused it, but a hour after that I had a very big heart beat increase. we measured like 140 hbpm, and it got me while I was lying down and watching the how I met your mother tv  show.(so no violent - adrenaline typed stuff).
     Month passed by, it got worse, firsly I was scared of itre occuring again, so I started paying attention when lying or standing. Basically, few months after that, my increased heart beat rate has turned into papilations and a pulse that could be felt anywhere in my body.
      Whenever im drinking alcohol ( 3-4 times a month) i'd feel stronger beats, and possible papilations in the morning. Same works whenever I go to bed late (3-5 am) the day after would go crazy.
When im holding a glass, I can feel my pulse in each finger atthe point where its touching the glass, and same with other objects. I can feel it in my legs, head (which becomes really hot in last few months), and rest of the body)
   I have been to a cardiologist and he said everything is fine with me.
I also have this astounding pain and tiredness in my legs everytime  I go to sleep and/or morning(sometimes it hurts so much I want to scream. But I don't know is it connected.
     I have also had a varicocele surgery and im (again) not sure if it contributed to this condition in any case cause from what I have read, there is this 'vagus nerve' which is connected in some ways with adrenaline, masturbation, sex and heart, and it can make influences on heart papilations. (also one more trigger for this for ne atleast is food)

-what has helped me recently is next :
1.Avoiding sex / masturbation(this one really wakes papilations up)
2.Lying to bed before 00:00
3.Avoiding alcohol
4.Cardio exercises.
5.Avoiding stress(which is almost not possible for me lol).
6.Move more(spending a lot of time sitting or being in front of an computer /laptop worsens these stuff.
Hope someone gets solid solution to this cause I dont wanna be giving up on the things I like doing :/
Hey Guys,

Its been like 2-3 months I am having this sensation all over my body. I have small heart beats all over my body, esp hands and feet . Also on my bare back and other parts. Its not like mind trick , I can see it literally beating like a small heart beat. I think its same to you all.

Recently I became Vegetarian. I stay for meditation. And I think its something to do with our vital force circulating spinal cord. Its nerves to say in particular around spinal chord. The beating becomes powerful when I stay calm. Yes, I too have a perfect blood pressure and other normal health. I am just 26 male.

I used to drink and have a hectic lifestyle with improper diet. But recent changes perhaps has made the body to alter its previous working way. I think its the nature's way of balancing or so to say coping with body functions. Meditation will sure help it. I can feel the strong feel of energy through out my body when I meditate. So I think personally its the energy coming back , like its de fragmenting our body vital force. Well guys it may sound too hypothetical but I am living with it and I am sure there's nothing wrong with me from a hospital's point of view.

Sometimes the beating moves around like small crawling insects. I feel its just the energy trying to maintain itself to its best possible way. My previous lifestyle think had made it numb and now I am getting all the signals to reorganised my energy. I don't think all the cases are just movement of energy some might need a medical help asap too. But from all the post I think giving ourselves a nice time of solace and meditation with proper diet will help. Its better to not take Onions, Garlic , Heavy meat diets, Oily food and drinks during meditation.

Well I think there's nothing wrong on trying out ourselves cause there's nothing to loose through it. :)
i can feel my heart beat'pulse  in  different parts of my body  sometimes that is  exaggerated in strength that feels like someone flicking me  , i also can hear it very loud sometimes in my throat  and around my ear somtimes with a  loud  thump  .... i would say  its around 30 to 80 times stronger with added pressure  that i can see in  my veins on the backs of my hands and makes my mouth   move  slightly and  my  fingers move ...has any one got to the bottom of this yet ? very troubling