Heart Disease Expert Forum
pvcs and pacs
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pvcs and pacs

I just would like some general info on PVCs and
PACs--what are they, where do they come from/what causes them, etc.  A reference to informational materials would be fine.  I have pvcs, and would like to understand more about what exactly they are--valves not closing properly?  fluttering?  firing prematurely?  What?  Thanks for your help.
Related Discussions
238671_tn?1189759432
They are "extra" heartbeats. PVCs are premature ventricular contractions - the pumping chambers of the heart fire prematurely. Unless associated with underlying heart disease, they are not associated with any real medical risk, though they can be a nuisance. You can check the archives of this forum which contain a lot of info about PVCs.
2 Comments
Blank
I got pvs my skips when i eat some it makes you not to eat anything i can walk up down the and get wood as soon asd i eat it starts and taste bitter stuf coming up I have had this for a long time it is geting worse . thank you  please tell me what this might be I have been checked before and they came back with  nothing .  ***@****
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank