Heart Disease Expert Forum
pvc's/pac's

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

pvc's/pac's

I am 34 years old and in good health.  I started a running program in Feb.  For the first few months I had a lot of PAC's and PVC's for the first couple hours after my runs.  Also, I have suffered from SVT since I was a child and was taking calan.  In March I had and episode that left me feeling a little short of breath.  I then had echo and stress test which were completly normal.  Ablation was completed in June and no more SVT.  In November i was up to 45 miles per week running and hurt my leg.  The result was 4 weeks of not being able to run.  During the second two weeks, and now that I am getting a very good cardio work out again, the PVC's and PAC's have reappeared.

1) Could this be like a withdraw symptom from lack of cardio exercise?

2) Should I have tests done again, or do you think this will probably stop after time?  I normal get a handful a day but lately it has been like a 100 pvc's pac's per day.

Thank you for your time and this great service you offer.

Steve  

1. Probably this is the explanation.
2. If they do not stop after a few weeks, then you should be reevaluated by your doctor; however, it probably will not be necessary to repeat all tests.