Heart Disease Expert Forum
questions about undiagnosed problem
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

questions about undiagnosed problem

Hi , there are a few things I was wondering...

If someone feels chest flutters right before a near fainting episode, does this strongly point towards a cardiac cause of the pre syncope, or could it still likely be vasovagal (in a 30 year old mildly obese smoker).    
Later, chronic chest pain and malaise develops and  it's noted that lightheadedness and syncope comes on during sporadic tachycardic episodes, but the first episode was the most noticeable chest flutter by far.    So far an EKG, regular Echo, Cardiac enzymes D-Dimer, CBC Chemistry and TSH/T4 and chest Xray have proven non revealing. The 30 day event monitor never caught anything because there were no symptoms while it was on.  Maybe we will try it again, but in the meantime,    What are a couple more useful tests to rule out cardiac causes?   I would assume a Carotid ultrasound,  but what about some sort of stress test?   Stress Echo, or nuclear stress test?   What is the most useful.   Could this in fact still be vasovagal or probably not?

I have also thought about testing the waters to see if this is inflammatory in nature  by asking for a steroid shot, do you think that is reasonable to ask for?