Heart Disease Expert Forum
racing heart?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
racing heart?
is there such a thing as racing heart disease?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1685247 tn?1305573085
As far as I am aware, there is no entity known as racing heart disease. However, if by racing you mean a rapid, there are many examples of rhythms characterized by a fast rate.

Tachycardia is the term used for a heart rate that exceeds the normal range for a resting heart rate  It can be dangerous depending on the speed and type of rhythm.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
1718467 tn?1322368577
like CCF HeartMD5 said i've never heard of the entity.. but i can tell you from experience that usually when i have a " racing heart" it's usually palpatations.. when the only thing u heart and feel is your own heart beat. for yrs i was told it was my BP but when it was taken it was always 120/84.. now i'm in my 20s so most drs think i'm crazy or having panic attacks.... it took one awesome dr to see that every once in awhile my ekg/stress test/ bp was off.. at one time it was 230/110 and yes i got medical help! when i got there my bp was 320, alil adenocard and things reset... well for a few yrs after i would end up in the ER and we'd do our little dance and things would be fix for awhile.so after yrs at 4 different cardiologist and being told i'm too young and  crazy 1 dr finally put an ICM in me and he comes back with PSVT.. so i think finally we have an answer. so he sends me to an electrocadiaology physiologist who tells me ablation does wonders... so 6 weeks ago i sign up and go under.... i wake up only to be told i don't have PSVT , he's not sure really whats wrong but they went thru my septum to get to my atrial area and fixed 3 areas that didnt have good electical function and 1 spot that had poor blood flow. so 3 days after i felt like a rock star and now 6 weeks later and 2 fainting spells later i feel horrid..anyways my point is maybe its just palpations and maybe not you should see someone because u never know.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity