Heart Disease Community
recent heart problem-bradycardia,palpitations, mitral regurgitation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

I have had palpitations for years and have head a few EKGs and a stress echo in 2008.  I was told that everything was fine.  About a week after giving birth (c-section) in June of this year, I started feeling really tired and out of it.  I checked my BP and pulse.  My BP was ok, but my pulse was 48.  I went to the ER.  They did and EKG which showed sinus bradycardia and a chest CT and chest x-ray with both showed a mildly enlarged heart.  They kept me overnight and the next morning I had an echocardiogram.  I recently requested a copy of the report.  These are the results:
LV diastolic dimension: 5.32 cm
LV septum diastolic: 0.77 cm
LV PW diastolic: 1.03 cm
EF estimated: 64%

LV systolic dimesion: 3.45 cm
LV septum systolic: 1.28 cm
LV  PW systolic: 1.47 cm
AO Root Dimension: 2.9 cm
AV Cusp Separation: 2.1 cm
LA dimension: 3.9 cm

The report states that there is mild mitral regurgitation present and mild tricuspid regurgitation present.    It says that the heart size is in the upper limits of normal.  I also wore a Holter monitor which only showed one episode of PAC and a heart rate range of 44-125.  I have several questions.  First of all, is it normal for the heart rate to drop that low in the postpartum period?  Secondly, can valve regurgitation and an enlarged heart be caused by or made worse by pregnancy?  I should state that within 2 days my heart rate was back to normal, but I continue to have palpiations.  I just feel like I need to cough or burp to stop them.  I also keep having fluttering in the side of my neck ( only left side) where I feel my pulse.  I can't tell if it is my pulse of muscle spasms.  Should I be concerned that I have the valve regurgitation and these other symptoms together?  Are the symptoms caused by the valve regurgiation or is it just coincidental?  Thanks for your time.
Anybody?