reduced ejection fraction and elderly patient with renal impairment
my father has ischaemic heart disease with reduced ejection fraction of 16%,impaired renal function,mild type 2 diabetes and elderly age,78.he is on clopidogrel,irbesartan,lasix .
Please advise
Your father has occluded coronary vessels (ischemia) and apparently high blood pressure being treated with irbesartan and lasix is a diuretic. Clopidogrel is an anti-platelet medication to prevent clots.

The reduced ejection fraction of 16% may be causing fluid buildup in the lungs and peripherals (arms and legs). I had an EF below 29% and was diagnosed with congested heart faiure...congestion was due to fluids in the lungs.  This happens when the heart does not pump out the a large percentage of blood received from the lungs so blood backs up in the lungs and fluids leak into the tissues (medically termed edema).  

Kidneys may be a concomitant disorder that adds to the fluid retension,

Your father may have an enlarged left ventricle (dilated) that will reduce the chamber's contractility. Often the heart's left ventricle is enlarged due to the overwork of the heart pumping against high resistance of narrowed vessels and irbesartan can dilate the vessels and the heart's workload is reduced can help reduce the abnormal size of the heart, and EF can increase.

Apparently, your father had an echocardiogram to determine EF, and if you have the echo report what are the heart chamber and wall dimensions?. Any mitral valve regurgitation?,,etc.

I can only provide an insight into the your father's heart health, and with the limited information there isn't much to add.  Thanks for sharing, and if you have any further information or comments you are welcome to respond.  Take care, I wish your father well going forward.